Bielovodska dolina

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.10500°N / 20.08700°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up/Scramble
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Bielovodska ValleyLower part of Belovodska Valley

The beginning of the route is Lysa Polana.It's a small village on the polish-slovakian border line.

From Poland:
By car or bus.
Nearest airport- Krakow- 106 kilometers North from Zakopane.

From Zakopane go north to the town of Poronin then turn right(crossing the trails from Cracow to Zakopane) and go to Bukowina Tatrzanska(965 masl,few ski lifts and guest-houses).Then the road goes to Glodowka-big and nice meadow(one of the best veiw points).After that road goes down to Lysa Polana.From Zakopane-23,5 km. Car-park.

PKS Zakoppane Time Schedule

PKP-Polish Railways-Route Planner: English,German,French

From Slovak side:
By car or bus:
Go to Poprad(quite big city)and then go by car,bus, plane or train to Stary Smokovec or Tatranska Lomnica. Then by car or bus go north to Tatranskie Kotliny.

There's a beautiful cave-Bielanska Jaskyna.Opened 16 May to 15 September from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.During the rest of the year the entrances are at: 9 a.m., 11 a.m. 12:30 p.m.and 2 p.m.The temperature in cave is 7,7 dg C.
From Tatranskie Kotliny the road goes to Zdiar and then to Lysa Polana.From Stary Smokovec-38 km,from Tatranska Lomnica-31 km.

Slovak Railway and Buses Route Planner

Route Description

Belovodska Dolina is the upper part of the biggest valley in Tatras-Dolina Bialki.Belovodska Dolina(White Water Valley)is 7 km long,area: 20 square kilometers.The upper part of the valley are four smaller valleys.

From Lysa Polana(971 masl) near the slovakian bus stop wide,blue marked road goes south to the forest along the river Bialka.After 3,5 km the road reaches Polana Biala Woda(White Water Meadow).There'a a TANAP ranger house.Great views at:
Rysy(2503 masl),
Vysoka(2560 masl),
Mlynar(2170 masl)
Batyzovsky Stit(2448 masl)
or Gerlachovsky Stit(2655 masl).
Mlynar(2170)
 
 Morning view...Mlynar from Belovodska Valley

After another 2 kilometers you go to another meadow-Polana Pod Zabiem.At the right side-the enormous east face of Mlynarczyk(the wall was first climbed in 1960).

After 9,5 km from Lysa Polana at Polana pod Vysokou the wide road ends.There's the only place in Tatransky National Park where climbers may pitch a tent.The path now is getting steeper and gets into one of the smaller valleys in the upper part of Belovodska Dolina-Litvorowa Valley.Route crosses few times Litvorovy Potok(Litvorovy Stream).At the right side Hviezdoslavov Vodopad(Hviezdoslavov Watterfall,named in honour of Slovak poet P.Orszagh-Hviezdoslav)is visible.

After 4 hours(12 km) the route reaches Litvorove Pleso(Litvorove Lake) and after another half hour Zmarznute Pleso(Frozen Lake).Now the path goes through rocky terrain and climbs a pass of Polsky Hreben(2200 masl).From Lysa Polana: 5 hours(13,5 km)
Vychodná Vysoká (2428.6m)...Vychodna Vysoka from Polsky Hreben

From there follow the yellow marks and in 40 minutes reach the top of Vychodna Vysoka.

Essential Gear

Mlynar cliffs (right) above...Mlynar cliffs above Belovodska Valley

Best time for climbing is summer season: June-September.In summer no special equipment is needed.
In winter conditions: ice axe,crampoons.Expect a lot of snow.

National Park

All the route is in Tatransky National Park. At the Slovak side there's no entrance fee.
TANAP- Slovak Tatra National Park
If you aren't a UIAA member you may only use marked paths.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
yatsek

yatsek - Jan 10, 2009 6:21 am - Hasn't voted

One more letter

Hi Jacek, Can you please add an "i" after the "B"? I've just discovered the Slovak people say (or rather write) "Bela" without an "i" while they use an "i" if it's an adjective, I mean przymiotnik - funny, isn't it? Cheers, Jacek

jck

jck - Jan 10, 2009 9:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: One more letter

Yep, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. To be strictly correct I should also write 'dolina'- with the small letter at the begining... jacek.

yatsek

yatsek - Jan 10, 2009 11:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: One more letter

the "i" is enough, if you ask me:)

jck

jck - Jan 10, 2009 11:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: One more letter

:) I guess the name of the route is now written correctly...

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.