Skala

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.36000°N / 21.60000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: VI- 120m
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route starts right next to the camping site. Once you 're done rappel right back and go swimming!!

Route Description


As the name implies (Skala=Staircaise) the vertical pitches are separated by ledges. The first three pitches are crack dihedrals, climbed mostly with lay backing and stemming moves. The fourth pitch is slightly overhanging but with good holds.

athpal added:
The key point of this nice route is in the beginning of the 3rd pitch (VI-). Attention don't use the rusty piton in this point but place a medium size friend in the crack just e few cm right and above of the piton.
The last pitch (4th I mean) is about 30 m climb of IV in a positive slope rock.
If you go a little right after the first 15 m of the 4th pitch the slope is vertical and you will find 2 or 3 fixed anchor but is another route.
"Skala" is a very nice trad climbing route.

Quote:but is another route: Oops!! That's what I did (some route-finding skills!!!)

Essential Gear


A full set of stoppers, ½ set of cams or hexes (medium sizes), slings, 10 draws, 2x50m ropes.
Belay anchors are bolted. One intermediate bolt on the first pitch, 2 on the second and e on the third. A fixed stopper on the second pitch.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.