Slow and Easy (5.8)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.16000°N / 71.7°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.8 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Another great route located just around the corner from Duet on the south side of Cannon. The right-arching hand crack is hard to miss as you walk the along the base towards W-G Ridge.

Route Description

Slow and EasySlow and Easy (5.8)
Slow and Easy climbs the right-arching hand crack to a good ledge with a two-bolt anchor. I thought it would be easier than it was, but there are some tricky sections, and it is sustained. The crack protects very well. I generally stayed above the crack, keeping both feet in it, and liebacking near the top. A couple pieces of pro were rather blindly placed that way. The face below is much smoother than it looks. The crux for me was near the top of the crack where it thins a little, and it gets harder to stand on top of it. Once at the final pod, head straight up to the anchors on easier rock. There were a couple of sections where the crack flares, making it a little more difficult. Good route.

Essential Equipment

Cams to 2.5 inches.

Descent

Rappel from anchors with a single rope.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.