Snow Creek Wall Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Sep 16, 2014 6:07 am

Orbit and Outer Space  Sucess!

April 20 2013
Orbit with Jacob

May 2 2014
Outer Space with Jacob

jacobsmith

jacobsmith - Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm Date Climbed: Apr 20, 2013

Orbit  Sucess!

Climbed Orbit w/ Matt Lemke, had a great time, hoping to come back soon for Outer Space, ticks were not as bad as reported, but pulling one out of my beard the next day was pretty traumatizing.

Diggler

Diggler - Oct 3, 2012 3:33 pm Date Climbed: Aug 9, 2011

Outer Space  Sucess!

With Faith. Reminded me of the Valley. Slip @ crux cost me the redpoint- f$%^!! Regardless, a super fun climb! Descended in the dark, which was interesting.

Vinny

Vinny - Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

Outer Space  Sucess!

Good climb with Studnicki. all went smoothly aside from lots of drag on the traverse pitch. Like so many of my best days it was raining lightly early on and kept the crags off this popular route.

sgiles

sgiles - Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2010

Outer Space  Sucess!

Amazing climb! tons of fun the whole way up. Need a 70 meter rope for last pitch

baloodh2000

baloodh2000 - Aug 30, 2008 4:04 pm Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2008

Good Climb  Sucess!

Outer Space. So awesome!

Tom Fralich

Tom Fralich - Jul 25, 2008 5:33 pm Date Climbed: Jul 24, 2008

Multiple Routes  Sucess!

Outer Space (III 5.9) -- July 24, 2008 -- Wow, what a climb! Mary and I did it (with the Remorse start) as our last route in WA before heading south on our 2008 road trip. We hiked up the night before and camped near the base, hoping to see some mountain goats (sadly, there were none). Got an early start in an attempt to avoid the heat and it wasn't too bad. Every pitch was interesting and different...scary traverses on P2, chimney on P3, exposure on P4, run-outs on P5, crack on P6/P7 (and run-outs due to too much 2" crack and not enough cams). The descent was a bit annoying, but otherwise, quite a climb.

Orbit (III 5.9) -- September 14, 2010 -- Mary and I made a second trip to Snow Creek Wall as part of a week-long trip to the Cascades. I actually thought this route was harder than Outer Space, although I was probably in a lot better shape when I climbed Outer Space. Orbit was another fantastic route on the wall. Really sustained and thoughtful climbing. And we saw a mountain goat with two kids on the descent.

Other Icicle Creek Climbs:
Sept 13, 2010 -- Givler's Crack (5.7+), Dogleg Crack (5.8+)

reboyles

reboyles - Jul 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Outer Space  Sucess!

I climbed this route two times having enjoyed it so much the first time.

Sharon

Sharon - Dec 22, 2006 5:15 am Date Climbed: Jun 19, 1988

Route Climbed: White Slabs  Sucess!

My first multi-pitch: I became hooked forever. Completed White Slabs (5.7)-- route dead ends after 4 pitches. Exited via Country Club Ramp.

Partners: Joe Hahler, Ruth Martin.

seth fridae

seth fridae - Sep 28, 2005 11:48 pm

Route Climbed: outerspace Date Climbed: 9/23  Sucess!

sick route. the 5.9 traverse was quite thrilling. upper pitches of crack were the shizzy on the hizzy for rizzy. I'll climb this one again sometime! Becky had some gonads!

Kerstin

Kerstin - Sep 27, 2005 11:09 pm

Route Climbed: Mary Jane Dihedral and Outer Space Date Climbed: August 9 & 10, 1986  Sucess!

Mary Jane Dihedral was a scary route. Outer Space was wonderful. Both routes would have been better if it hadn't been extremely hot!

hkutuk

hkutuk - Jul 12, 2005 2:17 am

Route Climbed: ORick Bt Date Climbed: July 10, 2005  Sucess!

I always wanted to see the Snow Creek Wall but climbing Orbit to the summit was just incredible. Climbed with Jim, previous entry, and it was definitely a challenging hard climb. After 4 pitches of sustained climbing reaching the chicken heads pitch was such a relief. Rain chased us off the summit down the tedious descent.

jtschanz

jtschanz - Jul 11, 2005 2:46 pm

Route Climbed: ORick Bt Date Climbed: July 10, 2005  Sucess!

Climbed with Haydar on a cloudy and cool Sunday - strange to be the only ones on the route all day on a July weekend! Very fun, challenging route - probably the hardest I've done yet (thanks rpc for the excellent description). The only really difficult section for me was the short 5.9 finger cracks at the end of pitch 3. I actually took a short leader fall when I slipped at the crux - and got the pleasure of climbing this section again! Pitch 4 was the highlight - fantastic climbing and great exposure. It started to rain just as we summitted - our timing was great. My feet are still sore from the descent with rock shoes ...

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Apr 25, 2005 4:01 am

Route Climbed: ORick Bt Date Climbed: April 23, 2005  Sucess!

Sergio Verdina and I climbed this interesting route on Saturday. We started our first pitch just below the second tree. The first pitch was ok with a weird chimneying section. Pitch two was an ok traverse to the base of the finger cracks. I combined the 5.8+ finger cracks with the highly sustained pitch above it for a fantastic 4 star 70 meter pitch. The next pitch was pretty good with a dihedral then an interesting traverse move and roof pull on jugs. The last 2 pitches were uninspiring, broken and vegetated. I got to lead all 6 pitches, and thought the pro was adequate, but not great on the route.



We followed the rock descent along the east side of the wall, in lieu of the gulley and found some very interesting downclimbing up to about 5.4.



Overall this route was kind of a dissapointment. I was expecting more, but I guess my expectations were too high. I thought Condorphamine Addiction was quite a bit nicer.

jtschanz

jtschanz - Sep 7, 2004 4:45 pm

Route Climbed: Satellite Date Climbed: September 6, 2004  Sucess!

After spending an afternoon the previous day locating the start of the route (and bailing off the first pitch) Keith and I came back on Monday with two ropes and an earlier start. Most of the rock was very mossy which made the climb seem like quite the adventure (5.7 friction moss). We climbed the route in 5 pitches to the top - there were fun moves here and there and the final two pitches had great views over the rest of the wall. Still not sure if we started at the right place or not, but it was a fun day in an almost-alpine setting.

b.

b. - Sep 7, 2004 11:22 am

Route Climbed: Outer Space Date Climbed: September 3, 2004  Sucess!

What a great climb. The 5.9 crux pitch was fantastic, and the two upper crack pitches were nothing but fun. I'll be back for more routes on this wall.

M and N Denyer

M and N Denyer - Jun 21, 2004 11:20 am

Route Climbed: Outer Space Date Climbed: June 19, 2004  Sucess!

We climbed this amazing route in perfect weather. We started the route doing the standard 5.7 pitch to gain the first belay ledge (two bolt anchor), then proceeded across the 4th class ledge traverse and up to the spacious two tree ledge. After seeing the two parties ahead of us tested by the 3rd pitch 5.9 traverse crack, Mark walked up it. It was a beautiful pitch with sweet exposure. The 4th pitch was a "sea of chicken heads," followed by a short section of liebacking to gain the belay ledge (one bolt). Pitch 5 was what made the climb truly worthwhile--a full rope length of the most amazing and awesome handjam crack that we have ever seen--didn't want it to end. Every single jam was solid! The first few moves (5.9 finger crack) off of Library Ledge to start Pitch 6 were the crux, but Mark breezed past them--again, great exposure; there are two fixed nuts to clip into. After the initial four to five moves of finger crack, the hand crack returns in Pitch 6, along with chicken heads. Anchored into a tree atop Pitch 6 and belayed Mark up the final pitch of chicken heads, low angle to the summit! An awesome climb--definitely worth doing again!! (Congratulations to Shauna and Chris who got engaged at the tree belay on the top of Pitch 6!)

darinchadwick

darinchadwick - May 21, 2004 7:51 am

Route Climbed: Outer Space Date Climbed: Fall 1993  Sucess!

I was priviliged to climb here BEFORE the fire toasted everything. One of the best climbs in Washington state. The combination of knobs and cracks makes for some fun, fun climbing.

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Return to 'Snow Creek Wall' main page