Snowking Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
metasyn11

metasyn11 - Aug 21, 2023 9:27 pm Date Climbed: Aug 19, 2023

Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

Camped at Cyclone Lake for 2 nights and climbed Snowking on the middle day. Only took a few hours from the lake but it was nice to have the leisure to soak in the beauty of the area and take an hour nap on the summit!

zhong

zhong - Aug 10, 2022 2:21 am Date Climbed: Jun 26, 2022

Snowking - camp above Cyclone Lake

Trip report:
https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report.2022-06-27.2593419638

Beautiful climb. Bushy road walk.

mattsim - Jun 18, 2020 12:24 am Date Climbed: May 20, 2001

mountaineers basic climb  Sucess!

Good climb, good time of year, great views.

rtgomez90

rtgomez90 - Jul 30, 2019 2:29 pm Date Climbed: Jul 26, 2019

kindy ridge  Sucess!

Sota

tcingrum

tcingrum - Aug 27, 2016 11:22 pm Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2016

Kindy ridge  Sucess!

Lots of elevation for 1 day but worth the effort.

kevinsa

kevinsa - Aug 22, 2016 9:44 pm Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2016

Snowking  Sucess!

What an amazing area - can't believe I waited so long to do this one. Trail is in great shape, and is well defined most of the way. Added a map to the photo gallery with some waypoints to identify some points of interest along Kindy Ridge.

relic

relic - Dec 26, 2015 12:13 pm

via standard Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

Been up this a coupla times years ago. Always a great place to visit. Reading more recent posts, sounds like the "trail" is improved just by virtue of usage.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 28, 2015 11:53 am Date Climbed: Sep 27, 2015

Sneaking one in  Sucess!

Snuck this one in up Kindy Ridge with a last minute sunny weather forecast. Joined Ron, Kim and Doug for this one. Started early on a decent Saturday morning with the idea we might drop gear at the lakes and still summit the same day. Wet, steep approach but by the time we got to the lakes, our sunny forecast turned to flurries which then turned into a full-on blizzard for an hour or so. We abandoned the thought of summitting the same day and were fortunate that by dinner time, the skies were clearing. Then had a perfectly clear full moon night but it was teetering at the freezing point. Inside of the tent fly got icy.

There was a nice half inch of snow on the ridge which made for some slower rock-hopping. Still got up in under 3 hours from the lakes. Nice Class 3 summit pinnacle and amazing views from the Olympics to Canada to the North Cascades to Rainier and everything in between. Great views especially of Eldorado, Johannesburg, Sloan, Hidden Lake Peaks, etc. Climbed down and hiked out in a cloudless day, much different than the day before. Back to Portland just before midnight.

seano

seano - Jul 8, 2015 5:04 pm Date Climbed: Jul 6, 2015

Slide Lake  Sucess!

An off-day climb of a peak I've been looking at from many others. Good trail to Enjar Lake, and non-menacing glacier crossing. Saw a party of three apparently descending the now-standard Kindy Ridge route, and quite a bit of smoke from a burning Canada. Trip report.

leftfield

leftfield - Jul 19, 2013 12:25 am Date Climbed: Jul 13, 2013

Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

Went with Mazamas. NOT an "A" climb. Once you get there it is but that's 4300 feet of mostly straight up later. More than I bargained for but rewarded with bluebird North Cascade climbing weather.

fjes6

fjes6 - Oct 6, 2012 4:48 pm Date Climbed: Oct 5, 2012

Trail #?  Sucess!

Beautiful place! I'd like to think the Forest Service would just have to install a sign at the TH, assign this trail a number and it would be visited by tons of people. I've never seen a climber path in such good shape for almost the entire distance!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Aug 28, 2012 11:20 pm Date Climbed: Aug 28, 2012

One Day Ascent - Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

9 hour 50 minutes round-trip. I wore trail-runners the whole way.

ClimberCrabs

ClimberCrabs - Jul 18, 2012 3:56 pm Date Climbed: Jul 10, 2010

Kindy Ridge fun but tedious  Sucess!

Took the Kindy ridge route and made it to the base eventually. We set up camp at Cyclone lake which is the strangest color of blue I have ever seen. Took the east ridge to the scramble route without any problems. I've heard this is a favorite trip for North Cascades NP rangers on their days off and I see why.

cdcscrambler

cdcscrambler - Feb 11, 2012 12:11 pm Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2005

found lake

camped at found lake, other beautiful lakes are snowking and cyclone. we hiked from found lake and had to turn back just shy of the summit. great area to explore

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm Date Climbed: Oct 17, 2010

Kidney Ridge  Sucess!

It was a good two day trip, loved the hot chocolate up there when its cold.

mtncorg

mtncorg - Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

The hardest part might be the vegetable belay on getting up and down to the ridge from the forest road. Great views once up atop.

RAdams

RAdams - Dec 30, 2009 4:12 am

Northwest Route  Sucess!

Two trips. Spring 1984: First attempt was up the Kindy ridge route. Postholeing in supersoft snow wore us out. Labor Day weekend, 1984: Second trip from Slide Lake/ Lake Enjar. Bushwhacking between the lakes was unpleasant, but the climb was the most interesting trip I have been on, with a lot of varied terrain along the way. Made the west two of the four peaks

mkpatrick

mkpatrick - Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2009

Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

Camped at Lake 5442, dropped into Snowking Lake and fished, then climbed on day 3. Great views in all directions, but a little hazy.

Pantilat

Pantilat - Jun 20, 2007 2:32 am

Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

Great views!

hkutuk

hkutuk - Jul 24, 2006 3:23 am Date Climbed: Jul 9, 2006

Snowking, Kindy Ridge  Sucess!

Led a group of Chemeketan climbers up this remote peak. The approach was from hell, a faint path going straight up Kindy Ridge hardly any switchbacks. Cyclone lakes were still frozen, so we camped on the ridge. Next day we followed the east ridge sometimes on the snow and sometimes on boulders to the summit pinnacle. We found a 3rd-class scramble on the south side of the pinnacle to the summit. Snowking's prominent setting allows suberp views of the N.Cascades in every direction.

The road is no longer drivable it is completely washed out and a huge log is blocking it. Hike the road to its and dive into the brush jungle. The trail has many flaggings as markers.

Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
Return to 'Snowking Mountain' main page