South Ariel Peak

South Ariel Peak

Bo on top of South Ariel Peak in Zion National Park.
bobeck
on Dec 2, 2007 9:32 pm
Image ID: 362143

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
tanya

tanya - Dec 3, 2007 1:00 am - Voted 10/10

Peak

Fun hike/climb Bo! Thanks for taking me.

~tanya

lcarreau

lcarreau - Dec 3, 2007 11:53 am - Voted 10/10

Greetings...from AZ!

Nice to meet you on this Cyberspace channel.
To tell you the truth, I would much rather be there in person. It's truly a beatiful area.
The Dixie National Forest is one of my favorites; outside my home state of Wasington, in the Pacific Northwest. My wife hails from the Phillipine Islands. WE both share something in common, and that's visiting and enjoying Zion National Park.

I've worked on the south rim of Grand Canyon,
and my favorite times were GETTING OFF WORK and visiting some of the neighboring Parks and Forests. My goal is simply to journey out to MOLLIES NIPPLE & Starlight Arch, and to snap some photographs to share with people.(Maybe take in Bryce & that GSENM Visitor Center in Cannonville, Kodachrome Basin & that sort of thing.)
Perhaps, we will meet in person soon? If you need any TIPS, be sure to summon the ELVES.
Thank you, and best wishes in Utah's DIXIE.
| : > )

bobeck

bobeck - Dec 6, 2007 9:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Greetings...from AZ!

Thanks....Nice to meet you as well! I spent 2 years in Eastern Washington (Spokane) in 76-77, when I was enlisted in the USAF. We camped a lot in Pend Oreille, Timber Creek and Ruby Creek. Went solo winter camping (winter of 77) up north of Seattle) but neglected to spend much time in the west.

I spent 3 months on a sailboat with my Mom and Dad in 1980-1981 cruising through the Phillipines. We spent Christmas 1980 and New Year 1981 in Manilla, then headed south. Gunkholed on many un-inhabited islands on the way. Enjoyed Ati-Atihan on Panay and then headed south to Cebu. Eventually sailed east between Leyte? and Mindoro through the straight and east to Micronesia. Phillipines were wonderful and the people absolutely beautiful!

Keep in touch..I have eyeballed Mollies Nipple (one of five in Utah) over east and north of Kanab for some time now and I'd love to join you!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Dec 6, 2007 11:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Greetings...from AZ!

That sounds great, Bo! I'll be sure to contact somebody there in the Zion/Mt. Carmel area when my wife & I are in that area. Thanks!!! (Sounds like many fond memories to share!)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4