hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Nice Start.

One big problem. You gave this an eastern longitude...so it is located in China somewhere.

NOT 118.67°E

-118.6725
Posted Feb 15, 2005 3:35 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Sure looks stunning! There seems to be a </ul> missing in your overview at the end of the list. I wouldn't use those quotation marks though I can understand why you did. Now the mountain is the first one on the mountains list. Also, there have been problems with special characters in the past. I'm not sure about mountain names but groups and countries had problems in their respective listings.

Posted Feb 15, 2005 3:56 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Wow. Another western beauty.

Posted Feb 15, 2005 4:20 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nice page! Beauty of a peak! Thanks for sharing and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Feb 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

Nice page. My only comment (if I interpreted your text correctly): An awful lot of cool registers have been disappearing in the Sierra over the past year or so. If you advertise the existence of an original Clyde register on the net, I'd worry that it will disappear likewise. I'd suggest either removing this from the text, or perhaps including at least a plea to anyone else climbing the peak to leave the register there for others to enjoy...
Posted Feb 15, 2005 6:10 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

Hmmm, I'd prefer to leave it in the text as a point of interest, but do you think a plea would be safe enough if this is a problem? I'll add a plea for now.
Posted Feb 15, 2005 6:21 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

I understand your point, and I agree that it's a real selling point for the peak--I plan on heading out there now to see this. I don't know if the assholes who steal these things would pay attention to a plea, but it can't hurt...
Posted Feb 15, 2005 6:45 pm

Bob BurdUntitled Comment

Bob Burd

Matthew - I corrected Mark about the register. It was placed in the 1960's by a Sierra Club party. There is no Norman Clyde signature to be found.
Posted Mar 4, 2005 1:30 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

My bad - next time I should take notes!
Posted Mar 6, 2005 7:30 pm