South Buckwater

South Buckwater

Sweet canyon
Grant
on May 29, 2007 6:58 pm
Image ID: 296868

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Scott

Scott - May 29, 2007 7:12 pm - Voted 10/10

How was it?

Did you make it all the way through both forks?

I assume you had fun.

Grant

Grant - May 30, 2007 11:54 am - Hasn't voted

Dude

First of all thanks for all your help, it came in handy. We did the south branch the first day, and elected to drive around the park and be tourist the next day. We didn’t enter the canyon as you described on your page. We started pretty high up where the canyon walls are not slotty (if that’s a word) at all. So we ended up spending eight hours from the start of the canyon to the end. We were a tad slow, but it was our first canyon. We also ended up rappelling more than you did and of course that slowed us down. But all-in-all it was an awesome day and we want to go back and do the other fork sometime in the future, or head over to Utah and hit something there.

I posted a couple of images and even signed the log – which is something I haven’t done in years. So it was that good….can’t wait to do more.

Have fun with Thanksgiving Gulch…..

Sorry I’ve been a grump in the past, but I was trying to defend the Denver area. It’s a large city and I know a lot of people out there don’t like that kind of feeling, I’m assuming your included in that bunch. So when people say bad things about Denver I have a hard time "not" saying anything. It’s cool…..

Viewing: 1-2 of 2