South east ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 67.93560°N / 18.54840°E
Additional Information Route Type: Snow/Glacier and light rock climbing.
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: 3 (PD)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You can start from the Tarfala hut or lake, go north (1150 m).
It´s a 3 hours walk from the Kebnekaise fjallstation.
Another great place to start is at the Svarta sjon (Black lake) where you can camp at 1400 m, it is just below the sydostra kaskasapakte-glacier.

Route Description


Walk up the sydostra kaskasapakte-glacier and at 1700m (leave the glacier on the right corner of the triangular-shaped south-east face) you continue to the west on the rock and aim for the s-e ridge. When on the ridge it´s straight to the south summit and from there you you can walk the top ridge to the north summit.

Essential Gear


A rope, crampons, ice axe and some friends is enough.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.