South Summit Couloir Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
apachedino

apachedino - Jun 5, 2010 10:34 pm Date Climbed: Apr 27, 2010

Should have riden it  Sucess!

Tired from climbing and skiing Nebo's North face the day before, combined with 2 consecutive night of 3 hours of sleep I was amazed at how good I felt while climbing and what a fun day it was overall. Snow was not as hard as it could have been, still needed a couple weeks to consolidate. There was very little rock on the route as a result and we never found the need to rope up. Some short sections had rock under only 2 inches or so off snow and were a bit sketchy, but colder conditions than the previous few days kept me feeling better. It was very windy ont he apron and summit ridge, but aside from that it was fantastic weather, especially the later part of the day on the glissades down Big Willow. In hind site, under the conditions and snow cover we had this would have been an amazing ski/snowboard coulior. I had hear about bringing rock gear and pickets and such and not being one of those insanely good riders thought it would be beyond my ability. In these conditions however it would have been amazing. Overall easier than I thought, though if given a couple more weeks to consolidate it could be much more difficult. Saw a group of WMC on the ridge above that came from Big Willow.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'South Summit Couloir' main page