Viewing: 1-4 of 4
mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Nov 2, 2007 5:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cariboo / Caribou

Thanks for the info! I thought I'd heard something like that about his name. I was gonna do some more research about it and the gold rush but looks like you got to it first. I'll add it to the page.

Matt

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Nov 2, 2007 2:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

Thanks for submitting, I’ll add some information and photos later. Here are more mountain ranges.

The Deep Creek Mountains are located east of the Sublett Range and west of the Bannock Range. The highest mountain in the range is Deep Creek Peak. It is the highpoint of Power County.

The Blackfoot Mountains are located northeast of the Portneuf Range and east of the city of Blackfoot. The highest mountain in the range is Blackfoot BM. It is the highpoint of Bingham County.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Nov 2, 2007 5:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks! I was hoping I'd get these kind of resposes with more info than I have. I have just been noticing how many mountains and ranges there are in Southeasern Idaho that there are no pages for on SP and that most people overlook. Thanks for the info! I'll add it on!

Matt

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Nov 2, 2007 6:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks. I agree. This area is mostly overlooked because of the more "Glamourous" ranges in nearby Wyoming and Central Idaho. I have lived here all my life so I have been around the area quite a bit. Most of my climbs have been in the Bear River Range but I have been in and around all of the other ranges in this area a number of times and I thought that the least I could do was at least give the region some representation on SP. There is a lot to be found here and is is just as beautiful as anywhere in its own way. (Not that I'm biased or anything...;)) Hopefully as time goes on there will be pages for some of these ranges. I may do a few if I can get out and actually go climbing in some of these places.
The largest mountain activities in this region are by far hunting and snowmobiling, not climbing.
Any photos you have will be appreciated! Thanks for your input!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Southeast Idaho Ranges' main page