Spruce Knob Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

I like your page, mutant! Lots of information, and a prosaic description that makes me want to visit.

You mentioned that there are lots of interesting routes for rock climbers. Think you could find a few and at least give the links, if not add a route page?
Posted Jan 17, 2002 12:04 pm

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Hi mutant,

great page! Congratulations!

Maybe you could still add a few sentences concerning the routes and a routes-overview concerning the Seneca Rocks you mention in the overview. I tried to open some links but couldn't get there (probably a server problem). So now I do not know anything about the routes although I would like to know something about them .... ;o(

Regards, Rahel
Posted Jan 18, 2002 5:44 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Why don't you put the links in its section? Any books and routes? Not give in.
Posted Feb 27, 2002 4:05 pm

PopoffUntitled Comment

Good page.
Posted Nov 18, 2002 9:34 am

aardwulfUntitled Comment

aardwulf

Very nice page. A lot better than most, with many pictures, maps, and great information. Good job!
Posted May 19, 2003 1:17 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

I am putting a low vote, not because I want to adopt this page or anything like that, but because you give very little information, and only give people the options for driving up Spruce Knob. You need to put up a route page for a longer way to hike it. This page is devoid of important information, and is not useful to hikers. Also, there is a Seneca Rocks page, so you should refer your Seneca Rock information, and photos, to that page.
Posted Jun 19, 2004 10:07 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

This page is neglected. Please add a longer route.
Posted Jan 2, 2006 10:57 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Good idea
Posted Jan 3, 2006 9:51 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Holy crap, didn't realize that the newsletter came out yet. I am worried they added spelling errors and stuff like that, but I guess it turned out okay. Good to know.
Posted Jan 3, 2006 11:38 pm

hgrapidRe: updated page

hgrapid

Much much better. Good work!
I have hiked it, but is it really the case there are no trails from lower down the mountain?
Posted Feb 1, 2012 11:25 am

RedwicRe: updated page

Redwic

Another one of the down-voters for the original page, "Jow", notified me this morning about this potential hiking route:
Seneca Creek Trail -> Judy Springs -> Huckleberry Trail
Approximately 17.4 miles roundtrip

I will do a little more research in regards to hiking potential. "Jow" told me he would do a TR and perhaps even a route page. I will probably add a notation about that hiking option on the main page, too.
Posted Feb 1, 2012 1:47 pm

RedwicRe: updated page

Redwic

I just added a "Why Drive It When You Can Hike It?" section to the middle of the page. If I can locate some trail photos of those listed (especially of the Huckleberry Trail), I would be happy to put them on the main page.

The page vote/score has already increased from 39% to 68% in one day. This page really should have been updated a long time ago, but concerns by SP members such as yourself were apparently not taken seriously.
Posted Feb 1, 2012 2:11 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Good page.

Posted Aug 18, 2004 8:30 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Good place to hike when around Seneca Rocks.

Spruces are great on top and White Oaks on the sides.
Posted Jan 1, 2006 1:54 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

I feel this page could use a little more route information about the trail. Other than that I think it is a pretty good page. Let me know if you make changes and I will upgrade my vote.
Posted Jan 14, 2006 7:01 pm

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Great looking page.
Posted Feb 25, 2006 7:43 am

texaseagle16Winter Climb

texaseagle16

I noticed that the "road" is snow covered in the winter when it was driven on by a 4X4 on New Years, but which road? In case I dont want to chance getting stuck in my truck, I wanna know how far of a hike it would be from there. Thanks. Reply by this post or my email eagle276058@yahoo.com
Posted Dec 5, 2008 5:42 pm

gbanks19Hiking

This is a comment and question. Do you know what the traditional hiking route up Spruce Knob is and how many miles the trip is round trip? Thank you very much for all your help.
Posted Dec 9, 2011 8:00 pm

RedwicNew Page Owner

Redwic

I was just allowed to adopt this page, after making several attempts to contact the previous page owner during the past month. With a page score of only 39% it was by far the lowest-rated SP page dedicated to a U.S. State Highpoint. That was irresponsible and unacceptable, especially considering the page was created during 2002 and last edited during 2006. There has been plenty of time and enough opportunity to make page improvements and/or attempt to raise the page score.

I will be making major revisions to the page within the coming days. I hope the efforts are appreciated.
Posted Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm