Starting up the first pitch...

Starting up the first pitch...

Starting up the first pitch of ice, leading to the right gully, North Face. 12/23/04
Chad A.
on Jan 3, 2005 7:57 am
Image ID: 83649

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Snowball

Snowball - Jan 11, 2005 3:28 am - Hasn't voted

kick butt!!!

very cool!!!



would love to climb that route. the line looks straight forward. so, what is the max difficulty, WI3? WI4 in places? where did you camp the night before?



thanks.



david

Chad A.

Chad A. - Jan 11, 2005 11:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: kick butt!!!

Hi, David,

I'd say that the right gully stuff, due to lack of the length of the pitches, goes no more than WI2. The first pitch is probably about 80 degrees, the second less to about 70 degrees, and the third, at about 10,300, 80-85 degrees. None are more than 20 feet, or thereabouts.



Since the road to Cloud Cap still wasn't gated, we drove up the night before at about 10pm, and slept until about 3 a.m., and left at around 3:30. You could certainly pick an altitude to camp at, and find a spot; it's pretty cozy right at the trailhead at Cloud Cap at about 5850, or so. You're still in the trees there, and protected from the wind. You get a great view of the mountain from the road, and get to look at the route from afar. I'd suggest the route for sure, but make sure you have a bit of ice climbing in beforehand, and I'd suggest two ice tools for the route. Enjoy, and thanks for the message and questions!

---Chad---

SKI

SKI - Feb 15, 2010 11:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Great picture and...

THANK YOU FOR THE BETA!!!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3