BobSmithNice addition!

BobSmith

I almost hiked this one, but I couldn't spare the time that day. We did some hiking above Rocky Falls, though.
Posted Mar 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Sarah SimonSo glad

Sarah Simon

To finally see Missouri get another peak added to SP.

THANKS!

Sarah
Posted Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Arthur DigbeeRe: So glad

Arthur Digbee

Sarah, you live in Colorado - - why Missouri "peaks"?
Posted Mar 29, 2010 7:40 am

Sarah SimonRe: So glad

Sarah Simon

I went to college in MO. Southern MO / Northern AR = my stomping ground for 4 years.

I think the Ozarks are underappreciated. Especially in the fall, they are a lovely place to roam.

Sarah
Posted Mar 29, 2010 3:06 pm

csmcgranahanNice!

csmcgranahan

It's nice to see a new mountain from Missouri. I hiked up this back in 2003 and got some nice pictures of the lizards you talk about. I will see if they scan good enough to post. I'll sign the summit log after I figure out exactly when I topped out. The entire area is very nice. I've spent the night at Rocky Falls, Klepzig Mill and along the bank of the Current River near Owl's Bend. This brings back some good memories. Thanks again!
Posted Apr 6, 2010 10:20 am

Arthur DigbeeRe: Nice!

Arthur Digbee

Super -- I didn't see any of the darned lizards. :(

Did you stay at that nice site just across the ford from the Mill? That's quite a spot but was occupied when I blew through.
Posted Apr 6, 2010 5:29 pm

csmcgranahanRe: Nice!

csmcgranahan

We camped just past the gravel road on the Mill side of the creek and had the swimming hole all to ourselves. It sounds like it is the spot you are talking about. If you like the shut-ins you should visit Castor River shut-ins at Hahn's Mill - they are the best for swimming in my opinion.
Posted Apr 8, 2010 12:02 pm

displacedchzheadFun dayhike

displacedchzhead

Made it to the top of the tower a couple years ago, on a dayhike where I was working out some kinks on my gps. Hardest part of the hike was dodging a small patch of poison ivy just past the creek crossing at Rocky Falls. Lots of beebalm in bloom when I went.
Posted Dec 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Arthur DigbeeRe: Fun dayhike

Arthur Digbee

Did you go to the tower from the access road, or loop around from Rocky Falls?
Posted Dec 13, 2011 11:09 am

displacedchzheadRe: Fun dayhike

displacedchzhead

Parked at Rocky Falls TH. Took trail due E 1/2 mile to OT, did the loop around the E side of the mountain, and eventually got on the dirt road that hooks NE to the lookout tower.
Posted Dec 13, 2011 11:19 pm