Storm Peak Comments

hgrapid107.64756°E???

hgrapid

107.64756°E is incorrect. Try putting a longitude of -107.64756 so the mountain is in the Western Hemisphere and the coordinates are in Colorado, instead of the Pacific Ocean.

Regards
Posted Feb 10, 2009 3:44 pm

markmahlumRe: 107.64756°E???

markmahlum

Thanks, but aren't there some big peaks in the bottom of the Pacific?
Mark
Posted Feb 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Alan EllisA Comment

Alan Ellis

First, welcome to SummitPost.

Nice start to a page; however normally, you need to have climbed a mountain before submitting it. That way, you can also submit the route to the summit and have more intimate knowledge of the mountain. Guidelines for submissions are in the FAQ.
Posted Feb 11, 2009 9:39 am

markmahlumRe: A Comment

markmahlum

Alan, Your point is well taken. Storm Peak is first on my list this summer. I wanted the page because, as I stated, Storm Peak dominates the view from my cabin and I feel a personal attachment to it. Maybe a poor excuse, but true. I've set out to climb it but have been turned back twice by the threat of lightning, a prevalent situation here in the San Juans during the monsoon. Thanks for your input.
Mark
Posted Feb 11, 2009 10:57 am

SarahThompsonNeed some photos/route info for your page?

SarahThompson

I climbed Storm Peak last summer and could help out by giving you some stuff for this page if you'd like. I found some scary, terribly exposed, loose scrambling there (following the Ormes route) but I've since learned of at least one better route.

Lucky you with a cabin in the San Juans. For some reason Silverton is my favorite Colorado mountain town.
Posted Feb 11, 2009 11:15 am

Sarah SimonColorado page ideas

Sarah Simon

Hello,

Welcome to SP, and thanks for contributing.

You can get some great ideas for building solid contributions by taking a look at Mountains & Rocks filtered by State = Colorado and sorted descending by score.

Let me know if you've got questions or wish to bounce some ideas off of someone. I'm happy to answer inquiries, etc.

PS: Maximize the use of some of your nice photos by embedding them in the page content.

Cheers!