Viewing: 1-20 of 79 « PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT »

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Plenty good enough already Gangolf.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 4:36 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Tim. I'm afraid I have put up the grandmother of pages here. With 350 crags this could be a lifetime job...

Gives me something to do, though ;-)
Posted Feb 9, 2005 4:40 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Many of your pages would be considered by most here as the 'grandmother' of all pages... but I understand your passion, though my pages aren't as involved they are nonetheless as much a labour of love.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 5:22 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Yes, pretty much the same for me. I wrote a trip report about last weekend which perhaps somehow explains how I came to submit this page. I'll put it up tomorrow - it's too late now.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 5:27 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page. The rocks look much like the ones in parts of Utah.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 5:36 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Everyone should be able to vote 5 stars on your pages only. Although, there's something goofy about the formatting in your Overview section, so I'll only vote 4 stars.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 5:55 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks for the 4 in any way. On my computer the overview looks ok but I'm aware that with different resolutions it might look goofy. I use conservative 1024 x 768 pixels.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 6:07 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

I like the Devil's Table and other crags peeking above the forest. Castles add atmosphere. Do you have any views of GOETZ VON BERLICHINGEN's castle(s)? This appears to be sort of a disconnected Red River Gorge.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 5:55 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Mark. Götz von Berlichingen's castle should be farther east. I need to look up which one it was but I'm sure it was on "Schwäbische Alb", a limestone karst region. But lots of his pals lived here ;-) It actually is quite astonishing how interrelated those knights were even in the middle ages. You'll find memories of lots of them in quite different regions more than 200km apart. And at that time that meant 6 to 7 days of travel! Remember Franz von Sickingen, one of Berlichingen's pal's? He lived on the Alb but had a castle (Ebernburg) near Rotenfels some 300km away.

He sure seems to have been important....
Posted Feb 9, 2005 6:02 pm

Lee StammUntitled Comment

Lee Stamm

Very interesting and informative, as always. Thanks, Gangolf.
Posted Feb 9, 2005 10:00 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Lee. Interesting is the right word. You can go exploring the forests and find new marvels whenever you do.
Posted Feb 10, 2005 1:53 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great page Gangolf! Looks like a wonderful place! Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Feb 9, 2005 10:15 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Britt!
Posted Feb 10, 2005 1:53 am

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Very nice page and some fascinating photos! It's always nice to see someone talk about their home territory.

One suggestion: The photo/text combination in the overview section doesn't combine well in browser windows that are narrow. You might put the image in with an align=right tag and not in a table format.

Charles
Posted Feb 9, 2005 10:45 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Charles! I fixed the picture problem. I still have a table (for the spacing between pict and text) but the text remains outside of it.
Posted Feb 10, 2005 1:55 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks!
Posted Feb 10, 2005 6:43 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Great page Gangolf! This is an interesting area for me because I like sport climbing! Nice and some very good photos with good motifs.

P.S.: Have a good time on Canaria! :-)

Cheers!
Posted Feb 10, 2005 7:50 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Bor! It is an amazing region with all these red rocks popping up everywhere. You don't need to be a climber to like it ;-)
Posted Feb 10, 2005 8:03 am