Viewing: 1-10 of 10
EastKing

EastKing - Sep 16, 2003 1:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Amazing. This was my former hometown peak. Nothing better than staring at the Gaithersburg and D.C. Fourth of July fireworks from the parking lot near (1/4 mile via the steeper trail) the summit. Mountain is similiar in height and proximity to urban to Uncanoonac Peak in New Hampshire.



Page is very good and four star worthy. Only improvement I would make is to add a signature photo. Good page.

shanrickv

shanrickv - Sep 16, 2003 5:55 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Eastking! I may be in Colorado on my way to Mt. Rainier next 4th of July, but if not, I will be at the East Overlook parking lot for the fireworks. I never thought of that, but it has to be a great place to see them. Did they keep the mountain open later that night?

What is a "signature photo?" I wanted to get a distant shot of the mountain yesterday from the Mt. Ephraim Rd., but it was fogged in. Is that what you meant or is it a personal photo on the top? I realized yesterday that I don't have any summit pictures of myself. I guess I will have to teach my dog how to take a digital:)

Thanks,

Shanrickv

EastKing

EastKing - Sep 16, 2003 9:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Never did it myself, but I thought it was a cool idea. I forgot that the park closes at sundown. I am used to hiking some of mountains up here in NH during July 4th to see some of the local display. It has been several years since I was last there. It would be worth it to check into though.

EastKing

EastKing - Oct 24, 2003 6:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The signature photo is located on the page edit section right before you go into your overview. If you want to pick a picture that you have in your photos section, put you mouse on (but don't select it) and it will give you an id number. Type in the ID number onto the section listed listed signature photo and your photo will pop out right of the name, height and location. See Slide Mt. in New York as an example.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 30, 2004 3:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I added topo coordinates and a good link to the page. The only problem with the page is that one of the links has NO LINK. Fix that please. Overall, a great job!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 12, 2004 9:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

polarjud

polarjud - Aug 24, 2012 10:03 pm - Voted 6/10

Comus Inn open again

I think htey had a kitchen fire at some point. Anyway, I think they re-opened in 2010. Definitely open in 2012. As of hte last couple of years, there is also a local winery.

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Oct 26, 2015 3:06 pm - Hasn't voted

no more downed trees

But there is a bit of significant erosion on the Orange trail due to steep slopes and trail braiding. Needs some love! Great area and thankful it is preserved.

hightinerary

hightinerary - Nov 9, 2015 6:21 am - Hasn't voted

Fresh Loaf

Nice makeover!

EastKing

EastKing - Nov 11, 2015 10:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Fresh Loaf

Thanks! This was my hometown hill for many years and I knew it needed to be updated.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Sugarloaf Mountain' main page