Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Dec 5, 2009 11:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Added to list

Nader,

Nice page. I've added this peak to my Sugarloaves list!

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=476469

Cheers,

Sarah

nader

nader - Dec 5, 2009 11:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Added to list

Very nice list you put together and thank you for explaining the meaning of "Sugarloaf".
BTW the elevation given on your list seems to be off, please correct it to 8403 ft.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Dec 7, 2009 4:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Added to list

Got it, nader. I had pulled the Lists of John elevation for my table, but I'll put in your elevation (8403) instead for SP consistency.

Sarah

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Dec 7, 2009 5:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Front Range?

I noticed you have linked this into the front range. Looks to me that this mountains along with Midland Hill would be in the Mosquito range.

nader

nader - Dec 7, 2009 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Front Range?

When I read the page for Front Range on Summitpost it seemed to indicate that the borders go to include Sugarloaf and Midland Hill. I always thought of the Buffalo Peaks as the southern end of the Mosquito range. I guess you can argue it either way. I will try to get more info on it. If you have any sources that would clarify this, please let me know.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Dec 7, 2009 11:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Front Range?

I don't have any sources, just logically looking at it on a topo map, it seems to be the Mosquito range since it connects to the Mosquito range and not the Front range. I've never heard either way, just assumed that it was part of the Mosquito. I just perplexes me that it could be considered part of the Front range.

nader

nader - Dec 8, 2009 9:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Front Range?

The fact is that it is neither Front Range nor Mosquito. I do, however, see your point and will probably change it to Mosquito later today.

Looked at Ormes' "Colorado Mountains" book. It was very vague about the boundaries of the Front Range but showed a map that stretched to just beyond the junction of Routes 285 and 24 near Buena Vista. The map for Mosquito range went only as far south as Fairplay.

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Dec 27, 2010 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Private property?

Looking at my TI map, it appears the north area is private property (although I saw no signs). Is the "trailhead" you describe a real TH, or did it work out ok? Other areas of this peak appear to be either BLM or Colorado State owned...?

nader

nader - Dec 28, 2010 9:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Private property?

Thank you for looking and voting,

I did not see any private property signs anywhere near the route that I took. No "Trails" go to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain. You will have to bushwhack your way (not very bad as bushwhacks go) so it is not a true "Trailhead", just the route that I took.

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Oct 30, 2011 1:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Nope! BLM

That "different" area shown on my map is the boundary line from BLM and USFS! :) Yay!

nader

nader - Oct 31, 2011 8:56 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nope! BLM

Good, thanks for letting me know.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Sugarloaf Mountain' main page