Summit Block

Summit Block

Summit Block
peakbagger4
on Sep 11, 2003 1:28 pm
Image ID: 27556

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Tweezer

Tweezer - Jun 6, 2005 12:41 am - Hasn't voted

Q's

What class would you rate that route, any pro needed? And how long is that rappel down? Thanks

peakbagger4 - Jun 16, 2005 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Q's

Mostly 4th to low 5th. Most climbers would most likely want pro due to exposure. The price of a fall in some areas would be high and some of it is lose. A handful of tricams should do it. When I was there the rap was a double 50, however, the rap is onto snow so it would depend on the snow level not sure what the snow pack is there this year I suspect very low.

Klenke

Klenke - Jun 16, 2005 7:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Q's

Interesting. This is the east side of the summit block. When I climbed it, the way we did it was from the west side from a snow step-off on the NW side. It wasn't anything like this both in terms of exposure and length. Our route was Class 3/4/5 for one rope length with the Class 5 bit amounting to one 10-ft chimney (low 5th). The rappel was a single 50m too.



So, Tweezer, my advice, is to check beyond the steep snow lip visible at far right in this photo (above where the guy is standing). There may well be an easier route on the other side. There may also be lots of tracks in the snow leading to that NW side, thus making the routefinding that much easier to comprehend.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3