Viewing: 1-9 of 9
IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Jun 22, 2005 9:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good first page and welcome to SP! Might I recommend finding some more photos of the mountain for us to see?

Sean

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jun 22, 2005 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Welcome to SP and this is an impressive first offering. There are very few active NJers and the state is sadly under-represented (even for it's modest mountain supply). The page is good and contains all the basic info. You might add a bit more prose to the overview section as to why we should visit. The bear information is important, but should perhaps be put under red tape or maybe even its own section (add a section in the edit page).



One critical bit of critique is that you need coordinates. If you put in decimal degrees lat/long (XX.XXXX), it will generate a topozone map link in the left-hand bar. Remember that western longitude is negative.



More photos would be great as well. I hiked Sunrise Mtn on a very long AT day back in 2001 and couldn't see anything for the fog and rain. My photos are a bit less than stunning. Also, SP tends to frown upon photos of summit markers. You might concider deleting that one.



Anyway, great start and I look forward to more.



Charles

NJHiker - Jun 23, 2005 6:53 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the pointers. Other sites I visit "inspire" less photos, but I think you'll be happy with the new additions. Re: the benchmark...it's an historic point of interest, so I added that for it's intrinsic value

I coudn't resist the photo of the eagle (please let me know if it's a problem)

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jun 23, 2005 11:51 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice. The new photos are a great addition. One thing I forgot to mention is that pages often have signature photos (small photo in the upper right). You can add one by pasting the photo id number (six digits, visible in the photo URL) into the appropriate box in the edit page. Also, you should add Sunrise Mtn to the Kittatinny Mountains group. There is a pull-down menu in the edit page.

Rob A

Rob A - Jun 23, 2005 7:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. I was just about to add this mountain next week. My pictures have not come back yet. Oh well you snoze you lose. Welcome to S.P. Also the A.T. goes to the mountain from two directions a northbound and southbound routes might be a good idea. See these other N.J. Mountains to see how Charles D and I have done it: Catfish Mt. , Mt. Mohican, Rattlesnake, Blue, and Bird Mts.



Later,

Rob

NJHiker - Jun 24, 2005 10:35 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

done...

EastKing

EastKing - Jun 23, 2005 7:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice first page.

NJHiker - Jun 24, 2005 8:04 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

wow...try decaff

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jun 25, 2005 2:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done page!

-Britt

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Sunrise Mountain, NJ' main page