Sunrise Peak Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Scott

Scott - Feb 8, 2005 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

lat: 40.5991

lon: -111.7113

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - May 13, 2007 12:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Coords are still not there

could you please add them to place this mountain on the interactive maps etc. at last! Thanks :)

rmjwinters

rmjwinters - May 21, 2007 5:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Coords are still not there

I just updated with Scott P's coordinates and it looks like it is still off a bit.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - May 21, 2007 7:05 pm - Voted 10/10

40.5911°N, 111.7105°W (NAD27)

Don't blame me :) The easiest way to get the coords is by clicking on the little Google Maps window on the edit page, but it's often hard to guess the exact position of the summit.

Another, more precise, way is to bring up the topozone page, select DD.DDD / NAD27 in the menu on the left, and click at the desired location. The sought-after numbers appear at the upper edge of the map.

Ryan Borzea

Ryan Borzea - Jan 28, 2016 10:35 am - Voted 10/10

Route info. for saddle between Twins and Sunrise

In the route description is says this route (from the saddle between Sunrise and Twins) is longer, can anyone tell me what the technical aspects are? Class 2, 3, 4? And is is more or less technical than the standard route to Twins?
Thanks,
Ryan

stokel

stokel - Jul 2, 2016 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Additional Beta

So this page needs a little more information.

The ridge scramble between the Twin Peaks/Sunrise col is mostly Class 3 with some Class 4 sections. All have Class 5 consequences.

Similarly, the traverse between Sunrise and Dromedary is also mostly Class 3 with brief Class 4. The final descent to the Sunrise/Dromedary col is very lose and steep. Trend left (north) of the ridge in the final stretches.

For everything else, skirting the right-hand (south) sides of the ridges tended to work well. I have a .gpx of the Sunrise/Dromedary loop which could be added.

swenspud

swenspud - Aug 25, 2016 2:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Additional Beta

Looking to do the Triple Traverse in the next few weeks and would definitely be interested in any .gpx data you have. Is that something you could message me?

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Sunrise Peak' main page