Viewing: 1-20 of 39 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

MarkDidierDidn't know...

MarkDidier

there were so many Sugarloaves in the world. Been on Sugarland Mountain Trail in the Smokies but not a Sugarloaf. You don't happen to be a Neil Young fan..."Oh to live on Sugar Mountain..."

Happy Trails,
Mark
Posted Jan 3, 2009 9:21 am

Sarah SimonRe: Didn't now...

Sarah Simon

Mark,

It's downright crazy...in Colorado, sometimes there are multiple Sugarloaves on the same map!

And, yes, I've been on the slopes of various Sugarloaves with the Neil Young song in my head.

Happy climbing!
Sarah
Posted Jan 3, 2009 10:12 am

birdnyAwesome

birdny

You beat me to it! I've been meaning to do a page like this for a long time but just never took the time to sit down and do it. You have done an excellent job and made my laziness a good thing.
Dave
Posted Jan 9, 2009 5:02 pm

Sarah SimonRe: Awesome

Sarah Simon

Thanks for the comment, Dave. Yeah, I felt like I had to pull these "Sugarloaves" together some how. If you know of additional Sugarloaf Mountains on this site that I missed or if you add a new Sugarloaf to SP, let me know!

Sarah
Posted Jan 9, 2009 6:45 pm

rpcSaweeeet

rpc

Posted Jan 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Sarah SimonRe: Saweeeet

Sarah Simon

Thanks, rpc. Add a Sugarloaf or two if you can!

Sarah
Posted Jan 14, 2009 6:33 pm

lcarreauSweet peaks ...

lcarreau

Neil Young? How about the "Archies" with "Sugar Sugar," or Sweet
Baby James Taylor's "How Sweet It Is."

Oh oh - looks like I just revealed my age. I know of a Sugarloaf
out in the desert between Payson and Phoenix, but I need to get
some photos of it; while I kick some rattlesnakes out of the way!!!
Posted Jan 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Sarah SimonRe: Sweet peaks ...

Sarah Simon

Larry,

It would be great if you could add a page for the "desert betewen Payson & Phoenix" Sugarloaf. Let me know!

Sarah
Posted Jan 14, 2009 6:31 pm

silversummitI passed another Colorado Sugarloaf

silversummit

this past summer when I floated along the Arkansas River ("The Milk Run") and looked it up last night. It is located just northwest of Ruby Mountain, southwest of Bald Mountain and stands 8,403 feet. It practically hugs the Arkansas River south of Johnson Village and is parallel to Route 285. I haven't had a chance to get it's grid coordinates yet and it's not on SP. (:
Kathy
Posted Jan 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Sarah SimonRe: I passed another Colorado Sugarloaf

Sarah Simon

Kathyn,

Hmmm...If you're going to be out this way this spring, maybe we'll have to head out together toward Buena Vista and visit this Johnson Village Sugarloaf. Here's some info from Lists of John on this summit:

Safe climbing (and rafting!)

Sarah
Posted Jan 20, 2009 4:09 pm

silversummitSarah

silversummit

I wish I were traveling this summer but not likely! :(
But I would really like to hike with 'ya sometime! I had been to Colorado before but never to the Arkansas River area and now I want to get back so much!!!

And thanks for the link to lists of John. I'm trying to identify my pictures from last summer and had forgotten what a great reference it is!

Safe hiking and climbing too!
Kathy
Posted Jan 20, 2009 6:17 pm

norco17more sugar

norco17

I just added another sugarloaf to SP. Thanks for maintaining such a beautiful page.

Posted Feb 2, 2010 7:08 pm

Sarah SimonRe: more sugar

Sarah Simon

Thanks so much for the note!

I've added your La Paz County, Arizona, Sugarloaf to the table.

Cheers,

Sarah
Posted Feb 2, 2010 8:32 pm

norco17Re: more sugar

norco17

Thank you, but the hyperlink in the table doesn't work. I think you added an extra "http://" in the html coding.
Posted Feb 4, 2010 1:39 pm

Sarah SimonRe: more sugar

Sarah Simon

Good catch - thanks for that.

PS: Sorry - been on the road a lot for biz lately and my head is just fried. If I see one more airplane, hotel check-in desk or email on my BlackBerry, I'll puke.

GET me to the mountains!!! ;)

Sarah
Posted Feb 4, 2010 3:18 pm

Vinnyacross from lovers leap Cali?

Vinny

I can't find the one that is on the west side of 50 just south of lovers leap. maybe confusing the name....
Posted May 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Sarah SimonRe: across from lovers leap Cali?

Sarah Simon

Well, if you find the page for this mountain on SP, please send me the link! -Sarah
Posted May 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Sarah SimonRe: Another Sugarloaf

Sarah Simon

Thanks, Scott. I'll attach this Sugarloaf and add a row for it in the table/list.

Cheers!

Sarah
Posted Sep 2, 2010 10:33 am

kamilGreat idea, Sarah!

kamil

There's a sugarloaf in Poland too - Sokolica (She-falcon) a.k.a. Glowa Cukru (Sugarloaf) in Pieniny. Too bad it hasn't got an SP page yet and not even a photo of its white rock over Dunajec river. I'd gladly put the page up but have no pics since I only hiked it a few times as a kid.
Cheers,
Kamil
Posted Sep 3, 2010 4:17 pm

Sarah SimonRe: Great idea, Sarah!

Sarah Simon

Thanks for the note, kamil. Hopefully you can one day add a page on SP for Glowa Cukra. Perhaps another SPer has some photos???

Cheers,