Tacana Comments

remoUntitled Comment

remo

sorry but this page doesnt have much more information than a tourist guide book... i miss a lot of things like: how do i get there? i know that the road starts in tapachula but from there its still far. how is the road? need a 4WD? till where can i drive? is there a bus if i dont have a car? also i have no idea when to climb it. is it good in may? or is it rainy season? why only november till april? will there be snow on top? temperature? what is the exact route? how will i find the route? how long does it take to climb it? can i do it in one do? whats the altitude of the starting point? do i need special equipment? are there guidebooks? do you have any fotos? etc. etc. this looks more like a "i have been there" page than really insider information. have you been on this mountain? sorry, this is meant to be constructive not destructive, even if it sounds so. i am planning a trip there so i just wrote down all the questions i still have. actually there was not much in this page that i didnt already know from other internet (chiapas tourist) websites...
Posted Apr 1, 2002 7:32 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Remo, I have adopted the Tacana page and have completely re-written it. Please visit the page and revote if you feel it is better. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Posted Oct 26, 2004 10:48 pm

PopoffUntitled Comment

Decent page, but try to add photographs and more information.
Posted Nov 21, 2002 9:48 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Popoff, I have adopted the Tacana page and completely re-wrote it. Please visit the page and revote if you feel it is better. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please allow me some time to scan my photos. That may take a bit of time, since I moved and I'm not near a Walmart where I used to get it done. I'll do it ASAP.

Posted Oct 26, 2004 10:47 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Much better.
Posted Feb 28, 2003 2:11 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Martin, I have adopted the Tacana page and completely re-wrote it. Please visit the page and revote if you feel it is better. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please allow me some time to scan my photos. That may take a bit of time, since I moved and I'm not near a Walmart where I used to get it done. I'll do it ASAP.

Posted Oct 26, 2004 10:46 pm

Diego SahagĂșnUntitled Comment

Diego SahagĂșn

Plese add photos and more routes.

No abandones, gracias
Posted Apr 27, 2003 6:28 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Diego, I have adopted the Tacana page and completely re-wrote it. Please visit the page and revote if you feel it is better. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please allow me some time to scan my photos. That may take a bit of time, since I moved and I'm not near a Walmart where I used to get it done. I'll do it ASAP.

Posted Oct 26, 2004 10:45 pm

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Scott,

Good job on the text, I look forward to seeing your photos added to make the page complete.

Shows what can happen when someone who has been there and has an interest adopts and repairs a page.

Posted Oct 19, 2004 7:54 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Tlogan, I have adopted the Tacana page and completely re-wrote it. Please visit the page and revote if you feel it is better. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please allow me some time to scan my photos. That may take a bit of time, since I I moved and I'm not near a Walmart where I used to get it done. I'll do it ASAP.

Posted Oct 26, 2004 10:44 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Mpbro, I have adopted the Tacana page and completely re-wrote it. Please visit the page and revote if you feel it is better. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please allow me some time to scan my photos. That may take a bit of time, since I moved and I'm not near a Walmart where I used to get it done. I'll do it ASAP.

Posted Oct 26, 2004 10:49 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

great work, Scott. IMO, the pictures are really window dressing--it's primarily well-written text that gets me to the trailhead and to the summit.

Now that I'm living in Houston, I will take more interest in these south-of-the-border volcanoes.
Posted Oct 27, 2004 11:02 pm