Viewing: 1-20 of 25 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for visiting the billion year old mountain-It is by far the most rugged of the southern 6000 foot mountains. The ascent of the final boulder is probably more difficult than the milk bottle on Starlight

But it has a ladder. There's a big bouldering group in Boone N.C. - I wonder...
Posted Jul 27, 2003 3:13 pm

nguy33Untitled Comment

nguy33

Nice pictures

Posted Sep 29, 2003 3:55 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Just wondered how to improve this page
Posted Sep 29, 2003 5:22 pm

nguy33Untitled Comment

nguy33

Oh sorry, i guess my comment didnt get sent. I would suggest including more photos of the route if possible. You talk about some things in your overview section and having some pictures of the features you mention would be nice. I guess i just like looking at pictures. Also, the log entries you provide are sort of taken out of context and dont really tell me very much. If you could provide a little more backround info on that, it would be quite interesting. I think with these changes it would be a much better page.
Posted Sep 29, 2003 7:13 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Hi I added some pretty good pictures that the folks liked, maybe you could increase your vote to be commensurate with that change.
Posted Nov 4, 2003 3:51 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

I like the page a lot and quite unlike the other high points in the So. Appalachians it has a rogged rocky summit... something the climber in me craves. I will most certainly have to pay a visit to this peak in the future.
Posted Nov 20, 2003 1:21 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thank you. This visit will not dissapoint.
Posted Nov 20, 2003 6:06 am

Kenzo OkawaUntitled Comment

Kenzo Okawa

Thanks for introducing North Carolina mountain.
Posted Dec 27, 2003 4:26 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

It is a most enjoyable and bold elevation for the Southern Appalachians. Thank your visit and comments thereon.
Posted Dec 27, 2003 5:39 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for viewing and your support pilz8. This is quite rewarding peak and well worth the trip.

Posted Feb 10, 2004 5:53 pm

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

Very nice site. I do have a special relationship to that mountain, I live right next to it. I see Grandfather almost every day on my ride home from work, on the Blue Ridge Parkway (exept on fogy days). Spend many hiking days on the trails around. The Parkway winding up to the Linville Viaduct reminds me on my old home back in the Alps.
Posted May 14, 2004 7:16 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Hi, thanks for voting and adding the great pictures. Wonderful Catawba Rhododendrons. Maybe you have some pix of the clam or pink shell azalea that is more less peculiar to Grandfather.
Posted May 15, 2004 1:53 pm

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

You are welcome, I'll try to get out this week to get some pics, not much blooming yet. If I got somthing usable I'll post it -G
Posted May 16, 2004 8:07 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thank you for your good vote and checking out this top of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Mark
Posted Nov 23, 2005 5:54 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for checking out Tanawha and your good vote

Mark
Posted Nov 23, 2005 5:54 am

Dan BakerUntitled Comment

Dan Baker

Nice page. The large photo near the top of the page is fantastic. Good job!! I'm going to have to get over to the US, there a few mountains you have posted that are definately going on my tick list!!
Posted Nov 27, 2005 4:34 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thank you for your good vote. This one is somewhat atypical of the southern appalachians.

All the best

Mark
Posted Nov 28, 2005 7:25 pm

dwhikeUntitled Comment

dwhike

Great Page!! This is a mountain I plan to spend some time on and this page will be a great help!
Posted Jan 9, 2006 10:31 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like your old stomping ground. Real enjoyable area. Saw your pix of Linville from Wisemans. Went up there myself back in 99 and arrived at twilight in the evening-great views of Table-Rock and North Carolina Wall.
Posted Jan 10, 2006 7:32 am

gjagielsUntitled Comment

gjagiels

Wow, excellent page and you have submitted some absolutely beautiful photos! Haven't hiked it but I've been by Grandfather several times (on blue ridge parkway).. now I know what I'm missing!
Posted Jan 31, 2006 3:41 am