Tenerife Comments

Vid PogachnikWonderful page!

Vid Pogachnik

I admire your passion for contributing on SummitPost. This page took me again years ago on one of our best vacations. Thanks a lot, Gangolf!
Posted Mar 8, 2008 5:09 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Wonderful page!

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Vid! You know how it is - there is a range page (Islas Canarias) which accumulates lots of single pages (I know I'm to blame for those as well) until in the left sidebar there are 30 or 40 related mountains, in this case from four different islands, which are easily confused with each other. To create a little order I thought I had to separate the pages by putting up the island pages as areas.

In the end I will have to do similar things with many of my group pages. Zillertal, Ötztal, Stubai Alps and the Marmolada and Pale di San Martino Groups have become far too big. In fact, the Zillertal Alps page wouldn't have made the transition from SPv1 to v2 because of size limitations if I hadn't begged Josh to increase the limits.

Too much left to do ...
Posted Mar 8, 2008 6:23 am

Sebastian HammPerfect!

Sebastian Hamm

You are one of the most important pillars on SP!
Thanks!
Sebastian
Posted Mar 8, 2008 11:43 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Perfect!

Gangolf Haub

Gracias Sebastian!
Posted Mar 8, 2008 11:49 am

NanulsGreat page

Nanuls

Great page Gangolf, I would never have considered the Canary Islands to be of any interest to me before reading your pages.

Cheers
Dan

Posted Mar 8, 2008 2:32 pm

Gangolf HaubRe: Great page

Gangolf Haub

Thanks a lot. I'd say Tenerife and La Palma are definitely interesting if you are interested in the mountains. Gran Canaria and La Gomera are for hikers, though GC also has some quite decent sports climbing locations.

I like La Palma best of the Canaries but don't know whether Madeira might not be a bit more beautiful ...
Posted Mar 9, 2008 4:02 am

ganesh70Very nice!

ganesh70

Another fine example of how area pages should be. And the pano pictures are really spectacular!
Ciao!
Fabrizio
Posted Mar 10, 2008 4:44 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Very nice!

Gangolf Haub

Grazie Fabrizio!. When perfect weather combines with one of the most striking sceneries on earth you can't help shooting nice pictures.
Posted Mar 10, 2008 9:31 am

schmid_thGreat!

schmid_th

Thanks for this wonderful page! You made me dreaming again of one of my greatest holidays - when I was there in 2002. It´s a fascinating island with a great character and your page shows this really nice! Thomas
Posted Mar 10, 2008 5:38 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Great!

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Thomas. I like Tenerife and La Palma a lot! Both are wonderful mountainous islands, ideal for winter vacations. I'm sure I'll go there again ...
Posted Mar 10, 2008 9:33 am

CoraxFirst

Corax

My first climb was Teide. Memories coming back. Great page.
Posted Mar 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Gangolf HaubRe: First

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Janne! My first (attempted) mountain was Alta Peak in the Sierra. We ran out of time, however and didn't make it. 8 years later I stood on top - fond memories!
Posted Mar 15, 2008 6:43 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Memories

Gangolf Haub

Many things have changed in the last 25 years I suppose. Anyway, they never complained about the car though he trip to the Paisaje Lunar changed its colour from silver to reddish grey. It's a wonderful iisland and I'm glad to have stirred up fond memories in you :-)
Posted Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Gangolf HaubRe: Memories

Gangolf Haub

Posted Mar 17, 2008 3:47 pm

BazZI had

BazZ

a completely different feeling hearing the name Tenerife before watching this beautiful page. I'm already thinking of saving some money!!!
Great page
Posted Mar 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Gangolf HaubRe: I had

Gangolf Haub

Many people just think of the beaches - many never make it to the top of the island. I pity them because they miss the best part. If you still need a nudge to save more money, have a look at the pictures on these three here ;-)

TR 1
TR 2
TR 3
Posted Mar 17, 2008 3:41 pm

stinkycheezman33beautiful page gangolf!

stinkycheezman33

thanks once again for sharing your talent and passion
Posted Mar 18, 2008 9:34 am

Gangolf HaubRe: beautiful page gangolf!

Gangolf Haub

Thanks - and you're very welcome :-)
Posted Mar 18, 2008 12:41 pm