ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Good one. Great pics of the area.
Posted Oct 24, 2004 1:58 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice Kane like always!

Cheers Bor!
Posted Oct 24, 2004 2:22 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Simply great! Love the pictures
Posted Oct 24, 2004 3:23 am

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

I was actually just thinking about this area today and was surprised to find Terra Tomah added! Thanks for this info on one of the lesser-known areas of the park! Great page and photos, as always!
Posted Oct 24, 2004 3:48 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great writing + great photos = wonderful page. I love how it got its name.
Posted Oct 24, 2004 10:28 am

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Kane,

Wonderful page. I have been anxiously waiting for your interpretation of that demented bushwhack...Your description of the Forest Canyon abyss is right on. Thank you very much for showing me such a glorious region.

Anyway I hope your fall has gone well. Perhaps we can get together for a mountain soon... I have gotten up a few peaks recently but I am in a sort of mourning for the end of fall. I have been lazy in regards to SP... I would like to add Ute Peak and Ptamagin Peak soon though. Ute Peak in particular was better then I expected...

Cheers,

Jon
Posted Oct 24, 2004 2:29 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for the vote Jon. I haven't done shit the past couple of weeks. I'm tossing around some LCW ideas, Ryan's Castle material makes me want to go back. I also woant Buffalo Peak. Another visit to Lake Park Peak is in order as well.

There is something about that deep Forest Canyon that actually is calling my name for a return trip next season for Stones Peak.
Posted Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page!
Posted Oct 24, 2004 3:27 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Fabulous-And what a story you two have to tell! Quite the adventure. Good job on the page and awesome pics.
Posted Oct 24, 2004 9:52 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Outstanding! Such a fascinating place beautifully captured by Jon's and your pictures. If they had the Oscar for best bushwhacking you'd be top contenders! I read in the Dannens' guidebook that the easiest approach to the Gorge Lakes is to hike south from Forest Canyon Pass to Love Lake. If one arranged transportation, one could follow this approach backward to provide a less unnerving return route from Julian. I've never been there: What do you think?

My usual proofreading report. All notes refer to the route page.

for anyone that lacks -> for anyone who lacks

Mount Julian’s higher summit of to the west -> Mount Julian’s higher summit to the west

Terra Toma’s summit -> Terra Tomah’s summit

From Terrah Tomah’s summit -> From Terra Tomah’s summit

Coulior -> Couloir

Kane and I's descent -> Kane's and my descent

chalkstone -> chockstone (funkness is right, of course)
Posted Oct 25, 2004 12:06 am

RobUntitled Comment

Rob

Great page! although, IMO the display order should show the Terra Tomah overview first, then the RMNP section.

Brenta wrote..chalkstone -> chokestone s/b "chockstone" : )

Posted Oct 25, 2004 1:03 am

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Nice page!
Posted Oct 25, 2004 3:23 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page! Excellent job! Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Oct 25, 2004 8:12 pm

shanrickvUntitled Comment

shanrickv

Great page! This mountain caught my eye from Trail Ridge on my first trip to Colorado in 1987. I just moved her last spring and was thrilled to see a page for this mountain. Some day I will have to climb it. Good job.
Posted Nov 25, 2004 12:08 am

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

WOW, looks like a awsome peak.
Posted Dec 5, 2004 10:13 pm

Mountain JimForest Canyon

Mountain Jim

I completely agree about Forest Canyon ... some incredibly beautiful, remote terrain, but tough going and unforgiving. I've never seen more dead fall anywhere.
However, I might disagree a little about the easiest route. I've done it twice from Milner Pass via Mount Ida, Chief Cheley, Cracktop and Julian and that's a beautiful route above the trees all the way. And, the ridge beween Cracktop and Julian is a nice route finding problem with some exposed scrambling. I do agree this route is more exposed to bad weather.
Posted Jun 21, 2006 9:09 pm