Thaiwand Wall- Circus Oz

Thaiwand Wall- Circus Oz

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Route
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 6a+ (5.10c)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Thaiwand Wall is to your left as you face out towards the water at Railey Sunset Beach. At the end of the beach locate a trail that makes its way up towards the wall. There are a few alternate trails but all the trails that lead up will lead you to the wall. The furthest right trail leads to fixed ropes that lead up a steep section to the base of the wall. These fixed ropes end at a bamboo ladder.

Route Description


Circus Oz is actually a four pitch climb but I have only done the first pitch and can only give details to it. The 4 pitches are rated as such 1st Pitch 6a+ (5.10c) 2nd Pitch 6b+ (5.11a) 3rd Pitch 7a (5.11d) 4th Pitch 6b (5.10d).

The first pitch is approximately 25 meters long and has 6 bolts and 2 slings in which to clip to. It is easily identified as the route that begins 2 left of the bamboo ladder and just right of the easy route that follows up the cave. The route begins and goes up about 3 meters and then starts making its way back towards the left. It follows the arete for a short section and then makes its way back to the right.

Essential Gear


This is a sport route so a small rack of quick draws is sufficient. This area is mostly in the shade but can still be warm so bring water along.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RaileyRoutes