Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Klenke

Klenke - Sep 5, 2007 2:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Format

I like the double-column thumbnail format with smaller font size for the associated text. I'll have to look at your code to see how you make smaller fonts (unless you want to give me the tip in reply here).

Thanks for adding this to the prominence lists page.

surgent

surgent - Sep 5, 2007 4:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Format

The code is font size=-2 (enclosed in the pointy brackets). The hyperlinks seem to ignore this command, though, which seems to be set by default to font size=-1. I played with the layout for a few days before compacting it into a four-column table. Glad you like it!

weeds19

weeds19 - Sep 10, 2007 6:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice addition

This is a well put together page. Thanks for setting it up and providing an easy reference point for NM prominence. Now if you can just secure WSMR permission...

surgent

surgent - Sep 10, 2007 7:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice addition

My dad was stationed there in 1969-70. I was just but a wee lad then, barely remember it. Maybe I can use my connection as a means of getting on. In 1993 I just drove up to the base guards and asked to drive onto the little town at the east base of the Organs. I can't imagine them allowing that anymore.

weeds19... you suggested it, you assume it! Call 'em up and see just how difficult it is. Some people have gone up a couple of the peaks (the Lists of John have them marked as done). I have no idea who when or how they did it. If you get an okay, I'll buy you some serious beer.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'The 2000-foot Prominence Peaks of New Mexico' main page