The finest alpinists in the world

The finest alpinists in the world

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Informational

Overview

A gallery of pictures of the greatest interpreters of the "finest game" in the world.

 

Royal Robbins
Royal Robbins
Walter Bonatti
Walter Bonatti


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
markhallam

markhallam - Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Another great bit of history from you...

..I enjoyed browsing and remembering some who were among my childhood heroes.
Then I remembered I have 3 scanned images from old slides (vintage 1987) of some more who deserve to feature here. I have just uploaded them, but wasn't able to add them your album. Please use them if you would like to. There is another of the great Pierre Mazeaud 994184, one of Doug Scott and Voytek Kurtyka who certainly deserve to be included 994183. Finally Tim Macartney-Snape from further afield - one of Australia's top Himalayan climbers 994182.
I took the photos during a memorable but unsuccessful expedition to Broad Peak - when for the first and only time in my climbing career I found myself in among a 'who's who' of international climbing - also attempting Broad Peak but also K2. Best wishes Mark

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Another great bit of history from you...

Hi Mark,
thank you for having made available these interesting pictures. It must have been a really nice experience! I don't know the reason you could not hook the pics to the album, it sounds strange, i will try to check, however I did the attachment. Thanks again and have a nice we. Best wishes.
Silvia

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.