The Flake, 5.8 Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Dec 11, 2011 11:53 am Date Climbed: Dec 7, 2011

Flake  Sucess!

I really enjoyed this route, quite varied for Jtree. Ran the roof out which protected well with a #3 C4 at the top. Follow easy cracks up to the face. Pass a couple of spinners on the upper face. With Joe K, finishing out a day out in Wonderland.

Steve Larson

Steve Larson - Oct 18, 2010 12:58 pm Date Climbed: Oct 16, 2010

Little bit of everything  Sucess!

After getting turned away by the long line at the base on several occasions, I finally got a chance to climb this. Well worth doing.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Oct 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Loved it  Sucess!

The last part my first intro to steep friction and I remember thinking, wait, this is blank. But it goes.

bighornmonkey

bighornmonkey - Mar 10, 2009 12:20 pm Date Climbed: Feb 28, 2009

Cool!  Sucess!

Did this route twice...always as 1 pitch.
Intimidating the first time, a breeze the second time.

SpiderSavage

SpiderSavage - Mar 4, 2009 10:53 pm Date Climbed: Mar 23, 1986

Rewarding  Sucess!

A truly satisfying route. I think the hardest part is the first 10 feet. The chimney can be intimidating and scary until you can up away from the deck on a safety net of gear. I did it late in the day and enjoyed a sunset from the top.

asmrz

asmrz - Mar 2, 2009 12:01 pm

Very good climb  Sucess!

This is a very good climb for the rating and as the page says, several techniques are needed to get up it. This is one of my favorite climbs at J Tree, have done it several times over the years. Recommended.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'The Flake, 5.8' main page