The narrow ridge of Prostredný hrot (2440 m)

The narrow ridge of Prostredný hrot (2440 m)

The narrow ridge of Prostredný hrot (2440 m) seen from the summit of Široká veža (2461 m), what is the important culmination of the High Tatras' main ridge. The upper parts of valleys are under heavy snow cover. Don't neglect warnings of Horská služba! The date of the photo: 21st june 2008.
Tomas Kristofory
on Jun 27, 2008 7:37 am
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 415867

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-18 of 18
peterbud

peterbud - Jun 27, 2008 9:50 am - Voted 10/10

Great one!

Nice to see you've been here, congratulations!

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 27, 2008 5:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great one!

Hi Peter, thanks for your hearty words. I spent there lovely weekend. Now Tatras are being plagued by countless storms. We had wonderful weather, but after I had left, weather changed. Some skialpinists skied down Priecne saddle hiking trail. Winter came late, but lasted very long. Cheers Tomas :)

Diveria

Diveria - Jun 27, 2008 4:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Lovely...

the clouds behind the peak give it a kind of gothic atmosphere.
I love this photo.

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 27, 2008 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely...

Thanks for you fitting remark. First thing I do on any summit is to knee down and thank God for the ascend. It's even more appropriate in such a gothic atmosphere! Cheers, Tomas :)

Diveria

Diveria - Jun 27, 2008 5:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Lovely...

San Francesco once said "I believe that this world is the kingdom of the Devil, it simply follows his rules".
Well... I like to believe that on the mountains even God and the Devil agree with each other.
Hold tight your faith Thomas!
And go on to post images of these wonderful Tatras!!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 27, 2008 7:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Lovely...

Hello, Tomas & Marco! There's nothing we can
do about nasty weather. I have raised my hands to the skies several times, and all I got was thunder and lightning!

This does have a Gothic feel to it! Would be
afraid that a gargoyle would suddenly fall
from the sky, and take off with my peanut
butter & jelly sandwich!! :))

Congratulations for photo-of-the-day!!

Larry of AZ

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 28, 2008 9:54 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely...

Interesting quote of San Francesco ... He is my confirmation patron and he loved nature. I think he told this about the world of human's politics, not about nature. I don't think God and the Devil agree in mountains - look at Mt. Sinai, Mount of Olives, Calvary, Mt. Zion. Devil was not pleased by what happened on mountains. I personally think mountains play important role in fulfilling of God's plan. It depends partly on us - if we are on God's side or on another. Cheers, Tomas :)

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 28, 2008 9:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely...

Hi Larry, thanks for your congratulations. Weather was acutally perfect. There were some clouds, but those protected us from suffering of terrible heat - and made this scenery possible :) Cheers, Tomas :)

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 28, 2008 11:56 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Lovely...

Tomas, you haven't felt "heat" until you've
been inside the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. It
has been 100+ degrees there for several weeks
now! Kind of like HELL on Earth - pardon my
way of describing it; but is truthful!!

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 28, 2008 11:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely...

Call me to AZ only when there is cold. I can't stand heat .. You must be great heat fighter :)

Diveria

Diveria - Jun 30, 2008 5:28 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Lovely...

San Francesco referred also to the world of nature, animals that must kill to eat and so on... surviving to nature often require to dirt your heands...but I admit that I am not a great expert of San Francesco thinking.
My saying about God and Devil Agreement on the mountains is because I'd like to see mountains as a place to meet with other people in peace, despit yout politic or religious believing.
Always wish the best for you thomas!
Cheers Marco.

Diveria

Diveria - Jun 30, 2008 5:32 am - Voted 10/10

About the heat...

Try the one of Milan with 90% of umidity, I gamble it can win also against the Arizona heat!

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 30, 2008 7:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: About the heat...

Oh, that must be horrendous heat in Milan in that conditions. I saw some pictures of Alps directly from Milan. It took away my breath :)

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 30, 2008 7:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely...

Hi Marco, I too am not the expert of San Francesco thinking. I read only biography of San Francesco, but it was long ago. I'll have to reread it and find another literature, too. OK, now I fully understand your saying about God and Devil agreement. Mountains are open for anyone wanting to go up and search his own peace - what often means searching for God - and meet other people doing the same. Cheers, Tomas :)

Diveria

Diveria - Jun 30, 2008 8:02 am - Voted 10/10

Re: About the heat...

The problem is that often the heat reaches even the Alps, The glaciers of the south flank of Monte Rosa are one of the major victim of the so called "global-warming"!
What's the weather like on the Tatras in summer? Dry and warm or tremendously hot and humid like it is on some days on the Southern Alps?

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jul 16, 2008 5:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: About the heat...

Hi Marco, Tatras are now mostly under heavy storm clouds these weeks. Dry and warm is not so common weather in High Tatras in summer. Thus Tatras have something in common with the Southern Alps :) Cheers, Tomas :)

horrste

horrste - Jun 28, 2008 11:58 am - Voted 10/10

Hm

Congrats to POD. Now quickly go see my latest pictures :-)

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Jun 28, 2008 12:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hm

Thanks for congratulation. We'd create a common TR page. Cheers, Tomas :)

Viewing: 1-18 of 18