Theron nears the summit of...

Theron nears the summit of...

Theron nears the summit of West McMillan Spire. The range appeared empty but for ourselves on that glorious October morning in 2003. Mount Triumph is behind.

mvs
on Feb 2, 2006 1:52 pm
Image ID: 148960

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Feb 2, 2006 4:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Excellent photo, it really shows off the beautiful views you get up there in the Pickets.

mvs

mvs - Feb 2, 2006 5:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thank you Martin. For someone willing to hike long and hard, that peak has a huge view payoff. People say Sahale is the best view peak for the North Cascades. I don't disagree - but if you could hack that 5000 footer elevation gain, then you are ready for this one :-). You know, Theron and I calculated that it was over 11,000 feet elevation gain over 2 days to get in and out of there. "Ey yi yi..."

hkutuk

hkutuk - Feb 2, 2006 6:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

I second that. Sahale has the classic view but the view from Triumph was simply incredible, so it must be even better from the Pickets across the valley. If I only could get somebody to go in ....

Alpinist

Alpinist - Feb 2, 2006 5:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful!

This is a beautiful shot!

mvs

mvs - Feb 2, 2006 5:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful!

thanks Alpinist! It was a satisfying shot because earlier in the summer we'd climbed Mt. Triumph in the background. The light had that low angle you get in the fall..."an ending to things" kind of feel.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5