This shot was taken between...

This shot was taken between...

This shot was taken between FTD Plateau and the Tempest/Granite Saddle. The red route is good option if the snow field above is small (class 2). There is a faint climber's trail. The yellow is the east ridge route (class 3). Both meet at the same place at the top. If doing the Avalanche Lake approach, the trail will intersect just below the Tempest/Granite Saddle.
August 31, 2003. Photo and editing by Alan Ellis.
Alan Ellis
on Nov 13, 2003 5:25 pm
Image ID: 33066

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Klenke

Klenke - Nov 13, 2003 5:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Red Route good if snowy too

I went up via your red line in mid-July. It was mostly snowfield. Since I had an ice-axe, it was no problem. It appeared to me that going up via the snow would be much easier and faster (though probably more tiresome) than going up the ridge crest (your yellow line). Conditions change year-to-year and month-to-month, though.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Nov 13, 2003 6:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Red Route good if snowy too

Kenke....don't forget to sign the summit log! Hey...what's up with the ice-tree profile picture. Funny.....

Klenke

Klenke - Nov 13, 2003 7:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Red Route good if snowy too

Don't generally sign summit registers (my profile page would get out of hand lengthwise), but I'll make an exception for you.

b.

b. - Nov 13, 2003 6:28 pm - Voted 10/10

The Yellow Line

We did this route in August 2002 and it was a great time running the entire East Ridge. I also think it made it easier to locate the chimneys.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4