Three Fingers Comments

DeanUntitled Comment

Well done description of 3 Fingers and the photos were particularly helpful. Good effort and very much appreciated.
Posted Jun 16, 2002 8:23 am

gimpilatorRe: Untitled Comment

gimpilator

I have just been passed the rights to edit this page and am in the process of rennovating it. All the old, dead links have been removed and new information added. Also, there is a large number of new pictures soon to come.
Posted Oct 27, 2006 5:49 pm

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Nice page. Comments are adding up. Low vote due to what appears to be an inactive member. Let me know otherwise and I'll up the vote.
Posted May 27, 2005 11:42 pm

gimpilatorRe: Untitled Comment

gimpilator

Thank you for voting low on this page. I have just been passed the rights to edit it and am in the process of rennovating it. All the old, dead links have been removed and new information added. Also, there is a large number of new pictures soon to come.
Posted Oct 27, 2006 5:50 pm

D SmithUntitled Comment

D Smith

Good work on the initial page, but there are several comments that haven't been rolled in.

Update and I'll bump to 4 stars.

A highlight photo would be nice also.
Posted Jul 1, 2005 1:58 pm

gimpilatorRe: Untitled Comment

gimpilator

Thank you for voting low on this page and making adoption possible. I have just been passed the rights to edit it and am in the process of completely rennovating it. All the old, dead links have been removed and new information added. Also, there is a large number of new pictures soon to come.
Posted Oct 27, 2006 5:51 pm

D SmithRe: Untitled Comment

D Smith

My vote has been updated. Nice work!
Posted Oct 30, 2006 10:51 pm

gimpilatorRe: Untitled Comment

gimpilator

Thank you. There's more to come.
Posted Oct 31, 2006 2:10 am

glacierbrushbuffaloUntitled Comment

The shelter at Goat Flats is gone. In August 22-23,2005 the only snow travel involved was the permanent patch just below the summit. Many people climbed around it on climber's left on class 2 to 3 rock, but the snow is easily negotiated even with instep crampons (it doesn't exceed 25 degrees and does not have a dangerous runout). From the summit snowfield you can see the lookout on a clear day and you will head directly toward it. Lower down, the rapidly thinning glacier does not have to be even touched and that will probably be the case for many years once the seasonal snow melts where the trail leads along the ridge. In late summer 2005 there is very little water on the route past Meadow Lake, including the totally dry basin leading up to what is correctly named Camp Saddle, not Tin Can Gap (the trail doesn't cross the latter).

On the summit pitch there is a place between the second and third ladder that is a tight squeeze with a full overnight pack. There is reliable water from the snowfield just below the summit.
Posted Sep 6, 2005 12:11 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Even though still under construction, I believe there is enough information here. Four stars. Please check out my Mount Pilchuck page as it has been updated as well.
Posted Nov 15, 2005 5:01 am

magellanQueest Alb rules!

magellan

Good stuff, Adam. I love the spring shot of the east face. Man, I also love watching the avalanches come ripping down that face.

I would love to see some lookout history, particularly Harold Engles role. I will also include two links to non standard routes. (I'm not sure how to attach them to the page) Once again, thanks for upgrading this very important mountain page.

link to very bad approach on abandoned meadow mt trail -

link to winter/spring approach up Seven Mile Creek Rib -

link to history book - http://www.amazon.com/Three-Fingers-Mountain-Men-Lookout/dp/0938567039/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/102-0973949-6160905
Posted Oct 29, 2006 12:14 am

gimpilatorRe: Queest Alb rules!

gimpilator

I am planning on doing some library research to get the real historic information. It will be a couple weeks but you can expect more along those lines. Thanks again!
Posted Oct 29, 2006 1:07 am

Mark StraubExcellent page!

Mark Straub

You did an amazing job on this page. Very accurate and detailed! Also, thank you for including the sidenotes about the Everett Mountaineers- we can use all the help we can get!

-Mark
Posted Feb 9, 2009 11:18 am

gimpilatorRe: Excellent page!

gimpilator

Thank you Mark! I really appreciate that. I didn't know that you had joined the mountaineers. That's really exciting news. I'm happy for you. As you probably know, Josh Lewis just joined us in OSAT.
Posted Feb 9, 2009 7:54 pm

Mark StraubRe: Excellent page!

Mark Straub

Yeah, I took the Alpine Scramble course last year, and I'm taking the Basic Climbing course this year. I hope I graduate!

Unfortunately, as soon as he came, he has to go again. Josh told me he just got kicked out of the Glacier Travel course because of his age...I told him he should join the Mountaineers next year, because of the great scholarship opportunities for youth.

-Mark
Posted Feb 13, 2009 10:45 am

gimpilatorRe: Nice report

gimpilator

Thanks. I hope you make it to this peak. It's one of my favorites. You won't be disappointed. Cheers, Adam
Posted Sep 24, 2009 8:54 pm