Tim Raschko beginning one of...

Tim Raschko beginning one of...

Tim Raschko beginning one of 15 rappels, June, 1984. We used all 15 slings and one prusik sling for rappel anchors. Several years later there were a few fixed slings, so we were able to bring some of our slings home.
Eric Sandbo
on Jan 28, 2005 12:37 am
Image ID: 87173

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mvs

mvs - Feb 3, 2006 10:12 am - Voted 10/10

So near yet so far

Nice pic Eric. The valley isn't far away, but jesus pleazus...it is far away when you think of the hours of rappeling needed.

Eric Sandbo

Eric Sandbo - Feb 4, 2006 12:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: So near yet so far

It wore us down some, but the weather - and the view - was such a treat after the day before! Actualy both days were about perfect for a couple of weekend climbers - just enough challenge to give us bragging rights.

mvs

mvs - Feb 4, 2006 3:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: So near yet so far

Right on. You know, my friend Robert Meshew described the North Peak of Index as one of the "Blue Collar Triple Crown" peaks of Washington. The others are Mount Garfield via the gully route (forgot the name) and Johannesburg Mountain via the North Buttress.



It's a worthy goal!

Eric Sandbo

Eric Sandbo - Feb 5, 2006 3:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: So near yet so far

I can picture that. I've seen Garfield & Jo'berg, but haven't climbed either, and they look like a match for N Index. I once climbed to the Cascade-Jo'berg coulior from the S on a rescue. Got to ride down in a basket dangled under a chopper, just above the treetops.It was my first intro to the Middle Fork Cascade River trail.



How permanent is your move to Germany? Who are you working for, and how is it? Sorry I'm diverting from SP here; you can answer via my email address if you want.

Tom_Sjolseth

Tom_Sjolseth - May 8, 2013 7:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Blue Collar Triple Crown

Just to set the record straight, I believe RobertM said the Blue Collar Triple Crown was Nooksack Traverse, Index Traverse, and NE Butt of JBerg.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=764514

Still, Garfield would probably be the fourth if there were a quadruple!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5