Tintic Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jun 18, 2014 9:04 am Date Climbed: Jun 17, 2014

Tintic  Sucess!

Took advantage of an unusually cold June day to do this peak and Rattlesnake Peak. Not having a high clearance vehicle and not liking the sound of "crossing several creeks", I took the right fork and parked at the corral at 6440'. The road is suitable for all cars to that point.

scgrant

scgrant - Mar 20, 2014 11:34 pm Date Climbed: Mar 20, 2014

Tintic Mountain  Sucess!

I started hiking at the Old Dennis Site and took the most direct route to the summit. Very steep and muddy to the ridge so it made for kind of a slow go. The views from the summit were awesome. I drove down to the Tintics to climb Boulter Peak and figured since I was in the area I would this other prominent peak as well.

abrennalinerush

abrennalinerush - Nov 4, 2013 11:40 am Date Climbed: Nov 2, 2013

A year of summits  Sucess!

Having lived in Utah for a year now (!!), this was a really fun peak. The hike was not at all strenuous and pretty simple, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The best part, however, were the views. Tintic isn't a very spectacular mountain in and of itself, but it is located amid myriad ranges, and as such, it proffered unimpeded views of prominent peaks in all directions. I love that these mountain profiles have become so familiar to me, I love knowing that I have carried myself to many of their tops. I just kept mentally dropping a tiny version of myself onto my prior peaks, like that tiny human-figure in Google Street View, and recalling a year's worth of adventures. Sitting atop Tintic was so incredibly satisfying.

utahguy058

utahguy058 - Nov 4, 2013 1:23 am Date Climbed: Nov 2, 2012

If in Eureka do this Peaka  Sucess!

The Prince of Norway said it all I believe. The views are divine from here. It really is worth the views. Grab the kids, grab your wives and head on out for a fun day exploring ghost towns, treasure hunting and peak bagging. You won't be disappointed.

PrinceOfNorway

PrinceOfNorway - Nov 3, 2013 10:09 pm Date Climbed: Nov 2, 2013

The Views!  Sucess!

This mountain is pretty straight forward. the views, however; are exquisite. There you are in the smack middle of a view that shows you every high mountain in every direction. It's a fun experience seeing mountains one has climbed from a distant vantage point. Try it. You won't be disappointed...or not...I'm not a cop.

Dean

Dean - Sep 13, 2010 4:51 pm Date Climbed: Sep 13, 2010

Neat area  Sucess!

I convinced my wife that we needed to get out and do something and that something was Tintic Mountain. We parked near the old Dennis town site (nothing there anymore) and I hiked up from there. Good
hike and I followed Eric's directions for most of the hike. Found the Benchmark and then went to the actual highest peak. Left a register for future visitors. Great views.

Scott

Scott - May 7, 2010 9:07 pm

Tintic  Sucess!

Several years ago, I climbed Tintic Mountain from near Paul Bunyans Woodpile.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Tintic Mountain' main page