Viewing: 1-6 of 6
samh

samh - Jul 21, 2008 6:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Maps page, oh yeah

I recently moved to Bozeman so have been perusing the ranges and areas near here extensively. I like the concise information you've provided about the Tobaccos, especially the separate maps page.

bigsky801

bigsky801 - Jul 21, 2008 8:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Maps page, oh yeah

Welcome to Bozeman... for checking out the local areas, I would recommend picking up copies of the Beartooth Publishing maps. They have one for the Bozeman, Big Sky and West Yellowstone area (Bridgers, Madison and Gallatin ranges), and another covering the Absarokas and Beartooths near Red Lodge and Cooke City. These are waterproof and outline some great hikes and biking areas - but obviously not as detailed as full quads. They cover most everything around here except the Tobacco Roots and the Crazies east near Big Timber. Pick 'em up at any outdoor shop in town (Roundhouse, Bangtail Bikes, Chalet, Northern Lights, Barrel Mountaineering, etc.), even Borders has them. And let me know if you would like to know anything more about the area, there are also a lot of Bozemanites on summitpost, and an insane amount of places to check out around here...
-Mike

http://beartoothpublishing.com/

samh

samh - Aug 1, 2008 3:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Maps page, oh yeah

Thanks for the tip. My new roomates have copies of those maps (which I quickly acquired myself from Northern Lights soon after). I commend Beartooth Publishing for putting together a set of maps that not only provide excellent topo and trail information but all the other 'post hike/climb/bike' info as well.

wyomtman

wyomtman - Nov 5, 2008 10:14 am - Voted 10/10

Leggat....

There is a good page for Laggat Mountain you should add. Thanks for the page, the Tobaccos are one of my favorites in the Bozeman area.

bigsky801

bigsky801 - Nov 5, 2008 2:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Leggat....

Thanks for the Leggat Mountain tip, I never knew that was even there... It's now added. And feel free to contribute anything to page that you would like, just let me know. -Mike

bruceg

bruceg - Aug 5, 2009 8:01 pm - Hasn't voted

A long time ago...

Climbed Bradley Mountain back in 1985 while doing geologic mapping in the area. An easy scramble from Branham Lakes.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Tobacco Root Mountains' main page