Top Secret

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.88000°N / 77.3°W
Additional Information Route Type: Rock
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.3++
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

IMPORTANT: Please see route description

Approach can only be done by boat, see link to contact the toronto alpine club section to arrange for pickup with the ACC dreadnaught. Driver will drop you off at base of the climb.

Climb up the slope to the first tree next to broken rock steps.

Route Description

NOTE: The broken rocks at the bottom of P1 have collapsed making this route inaccessible in it's current form. It's gone folks, sorry.

This route has a reputation as being the most sandbagged 5.3 in north america. Not a good choice for a first lead or first outdoor climb. (my 5.12 gymbie partner freaked out from exposure) Routefinding is not easy and exposure will be worse than expected. That said, it is the most thrilling 5.3 I've ever done by leaps and bounds.

P1) 25m 5.2 Up broken rocks towards the white quartzite patch directly above. Two bolts for anchor.
P2) 15m 5.3 Traverse to your right and step out to the nose, from the top of the nose downclimb a few feet to traverse to an obvious line to the right.
P3) 40m 5.3 Go up the slab and stop before the second tree. Go straight up on good holds over slightly overhanging rock to an incut ledge next to the top-out. Best part of climb.

Essential Gear

Small nuts on your rack and big nuts in your sack
Camalots from #0.5 to #2, 60 m single or doubles.
2-4draws and 6-10 runners.


Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.