Torre dei Sabbioni

Torre dei Sabbioni

The climb of this wonderful monolithic tower ( that belongs to the Marmarole group ) is one of the most important in the hystory of the dolomitic alpinism. A local guide, L. Cesaletti, climbed it solo and unroped, overcoming very high difficulties for those years ( 8/24/1877 ). He virtually opened the second phase of the alpinism in the Dolomiti, the most important summits had already been climbed and the new goal was to conquer less known mountains but very difficult to reach and to climb.
ganesh70
on Jul 11, 2008 3:58 am
Image ID: 420168

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Jul 11, 2008 7:22 am - Voted 10/10

Amazingly beautiful

You obviously visited the group of Marmarole, the least known part of magic Dolomites. I know them only from the roads. What a pity, because I suppose them to be very interesting and beautiful. I hope the new "ganesh-like page" will appear on the SP, soon.
Ciao, Andrej
P. S. By the way in the past three days I visited the Dolomiti di Braies. They are wonderful, indeed!

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jul 11, 2008 7:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazingly beautiful

Thank you, actually I'm preparing an area page about this group, but it's not an easy task so I don't know when it will be ready.
So far the mountain that impressed me more is the Corno del Doge, fantastic!!
I've been only once in the area of the Dolomiti di Braies, it's a fairy tale place indeed. I'd like to climb one of those summits one of this days.
Yesterday I climbed the Croda Rossa di Sesto, and I've seen one of the most beautiful views of my life...

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jul 11, 2008 2:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Amazingly beautiful

Congratulations, Fabrizio!

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jul 11, 2008 2:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazingly beautiful

Grazie Vid!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4