Trap Dike-Winter Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
mike_lindacher

mike_lindacher - Oct 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Classic  Sucess!

always a must, any season, ice or sun

Hotoven

Hotoven - Jan 9, 2012 4:11 pm Date Climbed: Jan 8, 2012

Fun Climb  Sucess!

Free Soloed it with my partner, there was only a foot of snow, so there was a lot of exposed ice. Went up to the slabs where there was a snow slog to the summit. Some exposed rock on the slabs but nothing extreme.

triyoda

triyoda - May 7, 2011 1:34 pm Date Climbed: Mar 25, 2011

A Good Challenge  Sucess!

I am not much of an ice climber, so the second step was an interesting solo. I am sure real climbers think this is a joke.

Parenteau

Parenteau - Feb 8, 2009 11:48 pm Date Climbed: Feb 7, 2009

Great Time  Sucess!

Free soloed it along with my partner jaymie at night. My first solo on ice and it was a blast. Tons of snow, and the slab was in poor condition with avalanche likely so we stayed in the gully and battled DEEP snow. We made great time and were back to the LOJ in 7 hours, and back in Lake Placid in time for last call.

gcap

gcap - Jan 19, 2009 8:54 am Date Climbed: Jan 17, 2009

cold and deep  Sucess!

climbed with partner marc on a very, very cold day with deep unconsolidated snow in much of the dike and parts of the slide. exited dike too early to avoid deep powder which lead to a steep, unprotected, verglased slide. after a few pitches we found good surface conditions and had an enjoyable summit. a long, challenging and educational day in the dacks.

jaymie

jaymie - Dec 4, 2008 6:41 pm Date Climbed: Nov 20, 2008

awesome  Sucess!

a true classic, took all day with the long approach though, i did it when there was only about a foot of snow so it was mostly exposed ice. I did it solo but wouldnt recomend it if you are not confident in your abilities, simul-climbing would work great on this climb.

climbxclimb

climbxclimb - Apr 11, 2007 2:43 pm Date Climbed: Feb 13, 2005

Fun  Sucess!

Fun Climb...Climbed it in extreme conditions...

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Trap Dike-Winter' main page