Viewing: 1-20 of 23 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

It's coming well. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Wow! It's another great one!
Posted Jul 25, 2004 8:02 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thanks for the vote. The page is nearly done...

Jon
Posted Jul 25, 2004 11:16 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

looks good already.
Posted Jul 26, 2004 12:19 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Another great page, Jon! I already mentioned it but I like the way you include the panos into the page. I didn't know that Colorado can be so green!
Posted Jul 26, 2004 3:10 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice page. Cheers William
Posted Jul 26, 2004 9:15 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I usually wait on votes for a finished page, but I'm busy! GREAT writing! Beautiful photos of a spectacular area. Excellent route photos. A joyous read. I'm certainthe route description will be equal in quality. Awesome job. Now you know why I didn't have to wait on the vote!

I saw a view in Backpacker Magazine of a woman running this ridge. If you could take your eyes off her long enough, Capitol Reak rises like a spire to the north. I'm guessing the clouds had already obscured it or you would have it here in your photos.

The SP gathering (which went well) encountered similar weather conditions.
Posted Jul 26, 2004 9:17 am

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thank you very much for the vote Aaron. Capitol Peak is visable in the panorama from Trausury's summit... unfortunately the upper peak is all in the clouds (but the lower slopes are visable). I am grateful I was allowed to see anything at all as it was. Indeed I am happy to be alive after tempting the "curse of the trilobite". I realy liked Treasury. It had that ephemeral feeling that I get on only a few mountains that makes me feel like I'm home.

Jon
Posted Jul 26, 2004 11:28 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Very pretty area.
Posted Jul 26, 2004 12:31 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Great page.....thanks for submitting.
Posted Jul 26, 2004 1:34 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thank you for the vote Alan.

Jon
Posted Jul 26, 2004 11:23 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thanks for the vote Attm. I am sure you are right about spying these mountans from Lead King Basin. My first glimpse of them was from Snowmass Mountain's south ridge.

Cheers,

Jon
Posted Jul 26, 2004 10:55 pm

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Great page, and cool pictures. Thanks for posting. Cheers!
Posted Jul 27, 2004 1:34 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Rachel,

Thank you for voting on the Treasury Mountain page. I realy am fond of that region of Colorado (around Crested Butte). If you are ever down that way I highly recomend spending time in the Raggeds Wilderness.

jon
Posted Aug 6, 2004 11:18 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Excellent work!
Posted Jul 28, 2004 2:41 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Ryan,

Thanks for the vote. I was hoping you would like the page. Like I mentioned to Kane Treasury is now one of my favorite summits. It was fun, interesting, and unbelievably scenic. I saw shades of green from that mountain that I did not imagine existed in Colorado. I just got back from a trip to Whidbey Island, Washington and the greenery there, although impressive, did not compare with what is found on the West sides of the Elks and about The Treasures.

Jon
Posted Aug 5, 2004 1:43 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

I've been to Whidbey myself! My brother used to be stationed at the naval base. I thought it was really pretty there, especially around Deception Pass and Langley.
Posted Aug 5, 2004 2:44 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Ryan,

It was at the Naval Air Station where I was working. Even though I was stuck working 12-13 hour days I still got to go on a couple short hikes in Deception Pass State Park... The sunset view from Goose Rock was stunning. The shame is that I was within 60 miles of such stunning mountains as Mount Baker and the Olympics and I couldn't get away long enough to sample them. Maybe next time. Was you brother in the Navy then?

jon
Posted Aug 5, 2004 4:12 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Another fine effort. Five stars in a four star world.
Posted Jul 29, 2004 1:40 am

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thank you Jim for the vote and comments. I realy liked Treasury and I hope I adaquately conveyed my love of the area. The Ruby Range and adjacent mountains form one of my favorite regions of Colorado.

Cheers,

Jon
Posted Aug 5, 2004 1:38 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Beautiful page for a beautiful mountain.
Posted Jul 30, 2004 5:27 pm