Triangle Peak Comments

MrWasatchUntitled Comment

MrWasatch

Looks good... I approached Wildcat from the east last year, stopping just short of peak 9,773 due to time constraints. I'm fairly certain this is the first pictures/report of Wildcat Ridge on the net...thank you!
Posted May 31, 2005 4:03 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Thanks for the vote Mick! Actually, I think your website was the first report and photos I'd ever seen of Wildcat Ridge, even if you didn't do the complete ridge. I read it when you first posted it, and again before taking it on myself.
Posted May 31, 2005 4:57 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

If peaks like this don't convince those who live outside of Utah that Utah has some fantastic stuff, I don't know what will. Great page of a peak I've looked at but never thought about climbing.
Posted May 31, 2005 6:42 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Thanks for the vote Dean! Utah really does have a lot of outstanding places. One of the amazing things to me is that I went nearly 11hours on this hike without seeing a single person, on a beautiful Saturday in May. Almost all of it within clear sight of the densely populated valley below.
Posted Jun 1, 2005 10:34 am

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

This is a good page. I enjoy climbing the rarely climbed mountains more than the popular ones.

- Melinda
Posted May 31, 2005 10:57 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Thanks for the excellent vote! I also like the less frequented peaks - it seems like a few select mountains here receive the vast majority of attention while the rest go largely ignored, even though many of them are just as fun (if not more so) to climb.
Posted Jun 1, 2005 10:39 am

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Nice page. Like the pictures of this mountain.
Posted Jun 1, 2005 1:53 am

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Thanks for your excellent vote! Appreciate it...
Posted Jun 1, 2005 10:39 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

When I saw the name of the peak (well, the first letters) I thought about Triangolo di Riva. You have done as good a job as Mathias when catching the mountain on your photos.
Posted Jun 1, 2005 6:16 am

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

a traverse is my faviorite form of scramble, great add joseph
Posted Jun 28, 2005 10:19 am

gjagielsUntitled Comment

gjagiels

Good page, getting to Triangle from Olympus really does take A LOT longer than it looks!
Posted Jan 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Thanks for the excellent vote!

Have a good one..............
Posted Jan 23, 2006 10:42 am

byatesFrom Neffs Canyon

byates

Climbed it from Neffs 10/18/09. Used the Chadbourne Crag trail, then scrambled and minor bushwacked the ridge above to the base of the northface. We considered a few routes directly up the face but with snow on the ledges and not having any protection we opted to descend the boulder field to the west 200 vert, climb the gully at the west base and attain Wildcat and climbed via the standard route. A gully on the east out of Thomas Fork would also be feasable with class 2-3 climbing. We continued on Wildcat to the top of Neffs and and went back down Neffs. 7 Hrs round trip.
Posted Oct 19, 2009 12:20 pm