Viewing: 21-29 of 29 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

billokcUntitled Comment

billokc

Thanks, Larry, I appreciate the vote and the comment. I feel a special connection with Trinchera, but it's not anything I can easily explain.

I'm rather puzzled though, because I get the sense that this peak is somewhat obscure and doesn't get 'visited' very often even from Colorado residents who have abundant hiking opportunities. But maybe I'm waaaay off-base about that.

I'm hoping to visit there sometime this summer to get more photos and info to add to the page, but with a busy schedule and a 520 mile one-way trip, I can only cross my fingers that it'll happen.

Safe climbing, Bill.
Posted Mar 16, 2005 5:58 pm

bigwillyUntitled Comment

bigwilly

Good information. I like all the non traditional sections you've added.
Posted Mar 18, 2005 3:06 pm

billokcUntitled Comment

billokc

Thanks, I appreciate your vote and your comment. I was afraid some people might think I tried to 'personalize' the page and the peak too much. Considering the number of years I've been familiar with that area, it just seemed natural to transfer my personal experiences onto the page. Thanks, again.
Posted Mar 20, 2005 11:39 pm

billokcUntitled Comment

billokc

Thanks for your vote.

Bill
Posted May 21, 2005 2:26 pm

billokcUntitled Comment

billokc

Thanks for your vote.
Posted Aug 2, 2005 1:26 am

Jay MoonGreat page

Jay Moon

Great page! I've climbed this one twice now. This past week and in 2006 when I took two new climbers up it for their first ever summit of any mountain. They're hooked now. This site was our only resource going in! I've thrown a couple of pics in but I really can't add anything new to an already great page!
Posted Aug 20, 2007 11:17 pm

hgrapidRoute information?

hgrapid

A lot of good data, but no real route information on how to climb the peak. Just a few sentences. We need more details than that.
Posted Dec 4, 2007 11:17 pm

billokcRe: Route information?

billokc

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. I'm not intending to be confrontational and I know what you mean about lack of details but this is a pretty straight forward peak to climb. The annotated pics show the routes. There isn't really much more to it since it's not a technical climb.
It's just one of those obscure peaks most people never think of. I'm planning to do it myself next year...it's been quite a while for me and I have not done it since taking over this page. There have been a few who have done it in the past couple of years, but no one's contributed anything to climbing it.
At the risk of going out on a limb, I'd say this is one of the easy peaks to summit.

Safe climbing!!
Posted Dec 5, 2007 12:21 am

pkrodenAre we there yet?

How far of a hike is it to the summit via the North Fork Trail #1309? This is my wife's first mountain hike and I only have one chance to get her hooked!

pkroden