Tryfan Comments

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Richard Purchon

Richard Purchon - Jan 23, 2002 9:43 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

I was born and raised in North Wales and i have never seen an avalanche on Tryfan! it never seams to hold enough snow. Ice, Ice it has in plenty. More people are air lifted off the north ridge and brisley ridge By the Mountain rescue than any other mountain in North Wales. Death counts could be interesting! from a medical/safety piont of view. A good base of operations for the Glyders and Carrneddau is the YHA at Idwell Cottage.

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 22, 2007 5:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

Page has now been adopted

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 18, 2007 5:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page now!

Thanks Lolli, the mountain definitely deserved a better page and I haven’t finished yet, so watch this space!

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 22, 2007 5:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

Thanks for your vote!

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - May 16, 2007 7:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Good job Nanuls

This has needed doing for a while. Looks 100% better already. Which others have you taken over? PM me when you're happy with the results and I'll vote. I haven't even wanted to sign the log to this point let alone vote.

Tryffan was the first mountain I climbed in N Wales and is still one of my favourites anywhere in the world. I could see Adam & Eve from my room in Plas Gwyn in UCNW (as it was then)unaided. I bet my eyes aren't that good any more!

Cheers,

Martin

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 18, 2007 4:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job Nanuls

Thanks Martin,
Tryfan is also one of my favorite mountains, so I'm really happy about being able to improve its page. I've also adopted the North ridge route, the Snowdon page, and the Crib Goch route, all of which need quite a lot of improving. Hopefully over the weekend I'm going to have time to update the rest of the this page and make a start on the others. I'm going to include a bit more info on getting there and accomodation and also write a summary of scrambling, climbing and winter routs. I'll let you know when I've finished.
Thanks
Dan

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - May 18, 2007 1:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good job Nanuls

I've got some nice winter shots of Tryffan and the Glyders from ~1980 that were slides that I've had scanned at high resolution. I'll add them to your pages somewhere in the next few days.

I've also got one of me jumping Adam to Eve from the same era. Nasty quality but historically interesting. Etc etc.

Thanks for all this work. The quality of the pages to date was poor and the area deserves so much more.

Will you be adding the Nantle Ridge? Another of my favourites, not yet on SP and certainly worthy of inclusion.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - May 18, 2007 4:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good job Nanuls

Very very good job. 10/10 without hesitation.

Cheers,

Martin

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 18, 2007 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job Nanuls

Thanks Martin, having your photos on the page would be really great, I look forward to seeing them! I'd like to put Nantlle on at some point, but I need to get some decent photos of them first, the next task I've set myself (after finishing these adopted pages of course) is to do a page for Glyder Fach which is sadly lacking a page at the moment. I'll keep you up to date with my progress

All the best
Dan

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - May 18, 2007 5:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good job Nanuls

First one added - Tryffan from the top of Devil's Kitchen in 1974 (before you were born!!)

BigLee

BigLee - May 23, 2007 6:34 pm - Voted 10/10

What have you done to this page!!?...

...It looks fantastic!

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 24, 2007 1:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What have you done to this page!!?...

Thanks, the page really needed some improvement, and thanks for letting me use your photos!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Tryfan' main page