In one of the photos, I see what looks like lush poodle-dog bush (turricula parria) with purple flowers. This plant frequently follows fire, and for many (including me) it's worse than poison oak. It has sent Sierra Club hikers in the Bay area to the hospital. Not all are sensitive, but watch out..
Thank you so much for the warning. I had no idea. I am very allergic to poison oak, and don't need any other allergies. The flowers you are talking about are very pretty, but sounds like they are also very deadly. I'll look out for them.
Thanks again, Bob,