Twin Cones Comments

2skinnersVoting now instead of later

2skinners

I am voting now so that you can message me when this page is done so I can upgrade my vote. The information here is actually pretty good for still being under construction. It could use a profile picture though, but you probably already thought of that. Just message me when you are finished and I will adjust my vote.
-2skinners-
Posted Feb 22, 2006 10:12 am

John ClimberGood start

John Climber

A little bit short. I see good photos. Do you have more? Good links. Maybe information about good campgrounds, tracks from other sides of the mountain, ...etc.
Posted Feb 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Brian KaletRe: Good start

Brian Kalet

I've added text to the Overview, Getting There, Red Tape and Camping Sections. I've also added another photo. I don't have many from this trip. In the Overview section I've added info about the north side of the Twin Cones bordering Winter Park Ski Resort, which is why I don't discuss routes from the north. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. Thanks!
Posted Feb 24, 2006 1:25 am

John ClimberRe: Good start

John Climber

kalet, one of the things that I like from SP is that, in these cases, the making of a better page motivates me to hike again in the area to take more picks, do another routes,...I even phone some instances to find out someting I am missing....Am I crazy?
Posted Feb 24, 2006 9:45 pm

Brian KaletRe: Good start

Brian Kalet

I've added another photo. I would not recommend any other routes to the Twin Cones. Coming from the north while it is closed would not be enjoyable due to the chairlifts.
Posted Feb 27, 2006 6:24 pm

John ClimberOk

John Climber

kalet, always good to see you are working on a page!! Thanks for informing. I did rate as an 8 now.
Posted Feb 27, 2006 7:05 pm

RyanSroute page?

RyanS

I agree that the page is still a little thin. Looks like you chose to include the route information on the main page instead of on a route page. How come? Add a route page with a more fully realized route description, and I'll up my vote.
Posted Mar 3, 2006 10:26 pm

Brian KaletRe: route page?

Brian Kalet

I decided to include the route information on the main page instead of a route page because I like to see annotated topos on the main page so I can more efficiently browse SP. I've added the First Creek route because it is not covered in any text. Feel free to let me know what else I can do to improve the page.
Posted Mar 6, 2006 5:22 pm