Viewing: 1-20 of 42 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

hgrapidIf you guys need help...

hgrapid

I'd be happy to help. I am busy finishing the Shenandoah Mountains, but I have hiked 30 highpoints, and maintain 12 highpoint pages if you need guidance on this.
Posted Feb 13, 2006 5:49 pm

SawtoothSeanRe: If you guys need help...

SawtoothSean

Hi- Sure , I'd like help. I have the western block high points (including Alaska / no Hawaii) and Puma has some of the eastern high points. What level of involvement would you like (I'm open to anything)? I gave you Admin access so you can add or change the format of what's there- feel free to do what you like. I feel this list should be a joint venture by those who've done a good amount of the high points and/ or have pages on them.

Sean
Posted Feb 14, 2006 5:29 am

hgrapidOkay, but give me time

hgrapid

Alright, my week is really busy - like REALLY busy. But I can work on the Southern highpoints on Friday evening and Saturday. I mean, I got an article published in Apex to Zenith on the highpoints of the South, so I can probably just use that. So, why don't I write something up and e-mail you guys. Sound good? Why don't you e-mail me instead of doing summitpost messages, because new messages don't show up in this format.
Posted Feb 14, 2006 3:09 pm

TLPIt will be great

TLP

Just wanted to say that I'm sure you guys will do a terrific job. I like all your pages on the High Points, and find them useful. This year I hope to do a lot more myself, and if you need any photos or stuff from me, I'd be happy to contribute.
Posted Feb 16, 2006 9:30 am

cp0915Excellent job!

cp0915

A really nice, well done job on this page.
Posted Feb 22, 2006 8:52 pm

hgrapidWe appear done!

hgrapid

I made a minor language correction to the text under Mount Hood, and added the rest of the links to the Western States. Looks AWESOME. I suggest we each take one last look to see if there are any mistakes, and then we share this page with the Highpointers Club!
Posted Feb 23, 2006 12:26 am

JoshNice Work Here

Josh

Great job. It's nice to see the collaboration and the great page that has resulted from it.
Posted Feb 23, 2006 12:36 am

Aaron JohnsonGREAT EXAMPLE

Aaron Johnson

of collaboration! Beautiful page!
Posted Feb 23, 2006 1:00 am

hgrapidHighpointers Club Newsletter Response

hgrapid

This was the response of the Newsletter people at the Highpointers Club. They responded 5 minutes after I sent them the e-mail:

----------------
I will certainly spend time reviewing this new site about highpoints, and I'll provide some coverage in the upcomin nl. Thanks to the three for spending time with this!
- John M.
-------------------
Posted Feb 23, 2006 3:47 pm

DeanI'm loving it

This is a highpoint in its own right. Well done and a great overview type of page for the USA highpoints.
Posted Feb 26, 2006 9:07 pm

SawtoothSeanRe: I'm loving it

SawtoothSean

Thanks for the kind words Dean!

Sean
Posted Feb 27, 2006 1:50 am

The Lower MarmotGreat

The Lower Marmot

This really demonstrates the strength of the capability of letting multiple users maintain one page--between the three of you this page is absolutely wonderful. Well done, all of you!
Posted Feb 27, 2006 2:21 am

SawtoothSeanRe: Great

SawtoothSean

Thanks for looking and the kind words!
Posted Feb 27, 2006 6:37 am

americasroofBear Mountain, CT, Should Not Be on List

This will undoubtedly become the definitive source for info because it's so great so I'm going to be nitpicky.

I was getting ready to switch http://highpointers.org primary links to this list which is much better updated because of its collaborative nature than any other site out there. However, I notice an anomaly in that Bear Mountain is also recognized as a highpoint (and why the list shows 51 entries -- I was expeting #51 to be DC).

We've been down this debate before. Bear Mountain should come off the list. The slippery slope of highpoints on features with higher elevations in other states would also include Black Mesa where the highpoint of the mesa itself is actually in New Mexico and Backbone Mountain where the highpoint of the feature is actually in West Virginia and of course Boundary Peak where the summit of the massive is actually in California

The Highpointers Club couldn't care less if you climb Bear Mountain -- even it's probably a nicer hike than Frissell. I've even sent 50 completers back to Frissell because they didn't go the 100 yards or so beyond the summit in Massachusetts to the actual Nutmeg highpoint on the slope (which one completer dubbed "Roger's Peg").

This game is no fun unless you can nitpick especially when the site is so spectacular!
Posted Feb 27, 2006 5:32 pm

americasroofList of U.S. Territories

I see that Mount Lam Lam on Guam is also listed. U.S. territories should probably be kept as a separate list from the state highpoints. A correct state highpoint list should only contain 50 listings.

Here's the official list of territories:

American Samoa
District of Columbia
Guam
Marhsall Territories
Northern Marianas
Palau
Puerto Rico
U.S. Minor Islands
Virgin Islands

The territory list comes from the USGS:

Again I'm only being nitpicky because the summitpost material is so good and this no doubt will become the official source for all this info.
Posted Feb 27, 2006 5:33 pm

hgrapidU.S. territories

hgrapid

Roger,

I don't have the authority to remove those pages from the list. I agree with you, and I would rather they weren't on the list, and we will alert Josh about that. Thanks for your interest in the page. We will get on it.

-Dan
Posted Feb 28, 2006 3:41 am

hgrapid50 highpoints on list

hgrapid

Roger, there are now only the 50 highpoints.
Posted Feb 28, 2006 2:40 pm

WingLadyGreat job!

WingLady

Thanks for putting together all this great information about a topic near and dear to our hearts.

Charlie & Diane Winger
Posted Mar 2, 2006 3:05 pm

hgrapidWOW!

hgrapid

I am so glad that Charlie & Diane approve of our page! They wrote the book on highpointing - LITERALLY! Thanks a lot, and please visit the individual pages and give us your input.
Posted Mar 2, 2006 3:28 pm

CoraxI was looking for inspiration

Corax

I was about to start working for real on some of my list pages and needed some inspiration and really got some when I had a look at your page!
I also started to feel some pressure - how to make something this great!?
Excellent page, one of the best on SP!
Posted Mar 4, 2006 5:35 am