Viewing: 21-40 of 42 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

JasonHGreat Job!

JasonH

This has got to be one of the most informative and best put together pages I've seen so far. You did a most excellent job on it.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 6:37 am

SawtoothSeanRe: Great Job!

SawtoothSean

Thanks for looking and the nice words! It was a great collaborative effort and enjoyable to write up.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 7:32 pm

Bob BurdNice

Bob Burd

Nice Job guys. Kudos to all of you.
Posted Mar 10, 2006 12:49 am

csmcgranahanNice job!

csmcgranahan

Nice collaborative effort. I would think that Taum Sauk belongs in the Ozark Section but who am I to complain about such a complete page? Once again - great job!
Posted Mar 30, 2006 4:54 am

hgrapidTaum Sauk

hgrapid

CSM, thanks for the nice words. The reason Taum Sauk is not included in the Ozark Section is because the Highpointers Club officially recognizes Mount Magazine in Arkansas as part of the "South Region" and Taum Sauk in Missouri as part of the "Midwest Region".
Posted Mar 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Bob BoltonCaption problem

Bob Bolton

Guys, this is a great page, and I hate to nitpick! But I see that the caption on your Gannett photo is incorrect. That's my photo of Island Lake, not taken at Bonney Pass, and the high point on the right is Fremont Peak, while Gannett is not visible. There are other photos that do show Gannett from Bonney Pass that you can choose from if you wish. Either the caption or the photo needs to be changed, whatever works for you.

Bob
Posted Apr 6, 2006 12:30 am

SawtoothSeanRe: Caption problem

SawtoothSean

Thanks for bringing that up- the change was made to the caption.
Posted Apr 6, 2006 1:35 am

hgrapidNot Gannett

hgrapid

I think you mean the photo on the page itself - not the main photo at the top of the page. I think Sawtooth Sean can change that one. He worked on that section.
Posted Apr 6, 2006 1:28 am

Bob BoltonRe: Not Gannett

Bob Bolton

Aha, you're so right! Didn't even think of the page's signature photo. I see Sean has fixed it.
Posted Apr 6, 2006 1:54 am

hgrapidApex to Zenith?

hgrapid

Apparently, this specific page was mentioned in the recent issue of Apex to Zenith. Has anyone else seen that? I hope to see it when it arrives in my mailbox.
Posted Apr 11, 2006 1:38 pm

RyanSReally excellent work here!

RyanS

A true resource. Great text, too! I like the comment, "you will never be able to make a mountain out of some of these molehills." Very well written!
Posted May 8, 2006 9:48 pm

AndinistalocoGreat reading!

Andinistaloco

Nice job here, folks. A credit to the site.
Posted May 21, 2006 6:09 am

SawtoothSeanRe: Great reading!

SawtoothSean

Thanks for checking out the page and the nice comments!
Posted May 21, 2006 5:37 pm

hgrapidRe: why not?

hgrapid

As one of the three authors, I agree that the last paragraph isn't needed. But, being one of three authors, it is not up to me. While I would like to see that paragraph gone, we would have to ask the other author about it first. Puma, do you want to do it, or do you want to leave that paragraph alone? My vote is to get rid of it for what it's worth.
Posted May 29, 2006 1:52 am

SawtoothSeanDone...

SawtoothSean

The last paragraph is gone- the whole "Difficulty Essay" could be removed if deemed so. I'm not offended and I was just giving a point of view from a certain mentality amongst some of the climbers I know, and myself. It was just an opinion that the High Pointers List is an esteemed list, but contains some really easily accessible points. I knew I wasn't exactly the best person for this list- I've done most of the Western points, but not for the High Pointer reason.
Posted May 29, 2006 4:36 am

hgrapidTrue, but...

hgrapid

they are not as easily accessible as one may think. Finding these suckers is tough. Finding a mountain is easy, just look up. Finding a small hill in the middle of the country is HARD!
Posted May 29, 2006 1:41 pm

hgrapidImages

hgrapid

I added some images so that the bottom looks even. There are now 12. However, I will keep by the strict code that nobody can add to the image group except for us. I hope 12 looks good, and the page looks just a bit better. The photos added are of Granite Peak and Whitney.
Posted Jun 2, 2006 4:49 pm

Arthur Digbeethanks!

Arthur Digbee

I would have been easy to just make a list, but you guys wrote great text and made the effort to build a really good page. Thanks!
Posted Feb 28, 2007 8:31 pm

hgrapidRe: Access issues

hgrapid

Thanks,

I noted the Greylock update on my Greylock page.
Posted Apr 2, 2009 3:53 pm

jasongk2009maryland

maryland is not in the northeast by any stretch,it's in the south or mid atlantic.that's like saying fresno is in the northwest
Posted Feb 26, 2010 8:43 pm