KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for the support T-man. See in Breck.
Posted Feb 5, 2004 9:44 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Nice one. I like the idea of the loop route.
Posted Feb 2, 2004 3:51 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

As I have said before, you would enjoy this hike.

I'm hoping I can interest you in a hike of Deer Mountain and Point 13,202. Both of these mountains would be approached from the North Fork Lake Creek TH off 82. I e-mailed John Prater about Deer's northeast ridge and he said it looked no harder than class 2+ or easy class 3. He thinks it would be the standard route on the mountain. He mentioned that he really enjoyed Point 13,202 and he also mentioned that there were other mountains in the immediate area that were really worth visiting. Later
Posted Feb 5, 2004 9:56 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Deer Mountain? I'm in! That looks like a good one. As for the other peaks there, those are good too. I bet we could start at the switchback on 82 and then go over Champion to Deer and then follow the Divide back to Twining. 12 miles 6400 feet. OK. Time for my medication...
Posted Feb 9, 2004 5:54 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Good Page.
Posted Feb 2, 2004 3:21 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for the nice vote. Its nice to see some differnet names of SP members voting my work. Here is a link that should explain the "big" picture on my pages.
Posted Feb 5, 2004 9:48 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I love loop routes! Nicely done. I'll get around to this one some day.
Posted Feb 2, 2004 5:52 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Nice page Kane. Do you know if "Lackawanna Peak" is visable from Taylor reservior?
Posted Feb 2, 2004 9:08 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Jon, thanks for the vote. For whatever reason I can't pinpoint where Taylor Res is located. Where is it?
Posted Feb 5, 2004 9:39 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Kane, Taylor Res is to the west of Cottonwood Pass. Taylor Park is a small intermountain valley that offers great views of the Sawatch, from Yale on north, including the Three Apostles. I have a great sunset photo from this park... perhaps I will email it to you and let you pick out all the mountains.

Jon
Posted Feb 5, 2004 10:01 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

A must do!.... excellent page with great images Kane.

Is the pyramid peak you menchen point 13,202 on the Mount Champion Map?
Posted Feb 2, 2004 9:10 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Grant, thanks for the vote. I won't even ask about the leg, I'll assume it's getting better.

Yes, good call that is Point 13,202-ft. just researched a little and it looks very doable. Maybe combine it with an ascent of Deer Mountain. Later
Posted Feb 3, 2004 8:22 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

That's a ranked mountain #489 and on the Continential divide. The Topo map calls out for a trail that goes through it's saddle on the east side of the summit.

Leg's getting better, I went out last weekend in the foothills (Mount Falcon) I pushed myself pretty hard and did 1,600 fet in an hour. Afterward I felt pretty good. This weekend I'm heading up Mount Morrison. Then do a short snowshoe (Chief Mtn) the following weekend then I'll make my decision on Quandary.
Posted Feb 3, 2004 11:09 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

I would not have submitted this peak if I hadn't spoke with you the other day. Thanks for the vote.
Posted Feb 5, 2004 9:50 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

As always, thanks for the vote. See You in Breck.
Posted Feb 5, 2004 9:58 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Nice to hear....

I'm looking forward to seeing a Lone Eagle submission. We'll talk about it in a couple of weeks.

ae
Posted Feb 5, 2004 11:11 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page!
Posted May 29, 2004 2:04 pm

Ryan KowalskiUntitled Comment

Ryan Kowalski

This is one of my favorites too, though I came from the south once and up over 13,660 on my first attempt. I'll have to go back and give the upper Lackawanna Basin a try! Great job!
Posted Jan 12, 2006 12:19 am