Unnamed 13688 Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
theREALCarpeDM

theREALCarpeDM - Sep 4, 2018 10:34 am Date Climbed: Aug 25, 2018

The rain in Hurricane (Basin) was mainly just a pain  Sucess!

Drove from Boulder in the morning, ate lunch in Lake City, then drove to the start of the Hurricane Basin road. It was raining the whole way up. I took shelter in one of the mine buildings for nearly an hour, hoping the rain would let up. It did a bit, but was still drizzling when I made my way up Gravel's slopes. I didn't summit Gravel due to the rain, although it would've taken another 5 minutes at most. Then - you guessed it! - it rained most of the way down, too.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Sep 25, 2017 12:25 pm Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2015

Cinnamon Pass Tour  Sucess!

Climbed Wood, "Animas Forks", PT 13708, PT 13688, Gravel and PT 13427. Hiked up the road from near the base of Cleveland Gulch, which would be my eventual descent after PT 13427.

Route note: to combine PT 13688 and Wood descend off Wood all the way to the PT 13427-Wood saddle. A short talus gully (with goat paths!) takes you into Horseshoe Basin where you can traverse across the basin and ascend via Gravel and avoid all the chossy nonsense closer to Wood.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm

with gravel  Sucess!

fun outing 2 days before imogene pass run, so wanted to have an easy day high up. Hiked up the long ridge of Gravel heading west initially and turning to the south and traversed over to UN 13688.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Unnamed 13688' main page